The Chat Room

Nicholas

My Jabras don't work with my iPhone for some reason, keeps disconnecting.

So, bought the Pro 1st Gen just now, was about 35% cheaper than the Pro Gen 2 and for my use case would not have had any advantage to spend more. Still pretty full featured for me.

This completes my Apple collection. :D Ok, I don't have a Macbook Pro, yet...

iPhone 13
iPad Mini 6
Apple TV HD
Macbook Air M1
Watch 7
Airpod Pro
Airtag
Pencil 2

My sister has a full-sized iPad and some or other iteration of the iPhone. Brother has an iPhone [10S, I think]

I like to play around with the likes of ProCreate when I have an opportunity to go into Incredible connection.

Arzy

Anyone else had a huge increase in spam calls the past few months?
Yes.

And since last week where our sale/purchase registered phone has been going non-stop with insurance and security companies.

Düber

Anyone else had a huge increase in spam calls the past few months?
I have, they are even phoning on my private sim that , other than friends and family, only Standard bank and Tyme bank have been given.
Makes you think.

biometrics

Biggest difference I've found is the improved noise cancellation.
Since I haven't flown in a decade (which is where I can imagine I would use it) that wasn't a big plus for me, it does have that feature anyway maybe less good than gen 2 though. The other stuff like a lanyard hole, "speaker", XS ear piece, text printed on the case etc really wasn't worth the 50% premium from the gen 1 vs the gen 2, as currently priced.

biometrics

Yes.

And since last week where our sale/purchase registered phone has been going non-stop with insurance and security companies.

I have, they are even phoning on my private sim that , other than friends and family, only Standard bank and Tyme bank have been given.
Makes you think.

"This is an important consumer announcement"
"Press one now, press one now, press one now"

I got a human spam call this afternoon, told them the usual "who are you calling from", "take me off your list" etc. Guy hang up on me. I called back and... "This is an important consumer announcement"!

Düber

"This is an important consumer announcement"
"Press one now, press one now, press one now"

I got a human spam call this afternoon, told them the usual "who are you calling from", "take me off your list" etc. Guy hang up on me. I called back and... "This is an important consumer announcement"!
Add to block list and get on with life, not worth the aggravation.