The Chat Room

biometrics

Starting a new statin tonight, wish me luck (simvastatin and my colon did not always agree).

biometrics

Simvastatin is an older statin, what have they offered you now? Atorvastatin?
Aspavor 10mg - I believe that's that same as Atorvastatin.

But just like it took a few years to get the ideal blood pressure medication I expect to go through a few before finding one that suit me.

Simvastatin did get my cholesterol levels correct but at times screwed with my tummy... which is most annoying when out and about.

Dave

Aspavor 10mg - I believe that's that same as Atorvastatin.

But just like it took a few years to get the ideal blood pressure medication I expect to go through a few before finding one that suit me.

Simvastatin did get my cholesterol levels correct but at times screwed with my tummy... which is most annoying when out and about.

Aspavor is indeed a trade name for Atorvastatin, it's supposed to be the most "refined" statin according to a doctor I know, it's the usual choice for anyone who has had any issues on others.

biometrics

Aspavor is indeed a trade name for Atorvastatin, it's supposed to be the most "refined" statin according to a doctor I know, it's the usual choice for anyone who has had any issues on others.
Also it is really cheap, R40/month. For some reason Simvastatin (which is more expensive) was covered by Discovery but not this. Have queried it.

biometrics

PS: though there may have been some Day 1 psychosomatic sensations today, it turned out to be a good statin day. :D

Johnatan56

I read your essay. Very interesting times indeed.

Looking forward to the sequel. Will the stakeholders authorise the increase or will you be working for a new company in the next quarter.
Stakeholders declined increase, I don't know whether it's not agreeing to how high I want or just not increase, dude who is supposed to have a meeting with me still hasn't done it. I only know it got declined because met him in the hallway at like 4.30pm (actually rare, this is a huge building and rarely physically at work anymore) and he was like "topic we talked about, we need a meeting, but result was" -> thumbs down gesture, since he was with others. Going to ask at what level it was declined (and what max salary was), super curious.

So busy searching for a new job now, will properly start with it over the weekend, will see. So far, the random chats I've had with recruiters / some direct companies / some friends, all are basically willing to start at offer I asked the current company to approve, so seems odd to have been declined, oh well, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Another fun thing, interviews started, they actually sent my colleague out of the room before asking what salary the person wants to come in as a senior, lol. Manager can actually negotiate if person is coming in since taken from set budget, but can't once in since that has to go through HR even if budget allows, can't think of a dumber system.

Also submitted what I worked on, and what tools, that got passed to HR, and they asked if was correct since that's within one year, so seems even the normal workers there are confused, lol.

South Africa emigration front, another 2 emigrating, one arriving end of month here, and another has emigrated, outside of 2 software people, that basically means everyone <30 in software that I know that's in any way decent has left.

biometrics

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Dave

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

True

satanboy

We've had no power since 07h40 untill 15h00, but they only switched us back on at 15h45. Planned maintenance (we were informed about 2 weeks ago).

And we have loadshedding from 16h00

FML

biometrics

We've had no power since 07h40 untill 15h00, but they only switched us back on at 15h45. Planned maintenance (we were informed about 2 weeks ago).

And we have loadshedding from 16h00

FML
Thought you were looking at an inverter & batteries?

biometrics

AirPods Pro, 2nd Gen preferably.
My Jabras don't work with my iPhone for some reason, keeps disconnecting.

So, bought the Pro 1st Gen just now, was about 35% cheaper than the Pro Gen 2 and for my use case would not have had any advantage to spend more. Still pretty full featured for me.

This completes my Apple collection. :D Ok, I don't have a Macbook Pro, yet...

iPhone 13
iPad Mini 6
Apple TV HD
Macbook Air M1
Watch 7
Airpod Pro
Airtag
Pencil 2

Last edited: