The Chat Room

biometrics

Does FJ stand for Fugly Jeep?
FJs are amazing cars from the driver’s pov. Maybe a bit unusual design but the benefit is they don’t change the design so a new R800k car looks the same as an old R250k car. None of that I need to upgrade because of the Joneses kak.

biometrics

My brother got his new work laptop last week. They are upgraded every two years.
Why?! I'm still using my 2012 Lenovo and it works perfectly well. Admittedly it was a decent machine when I got it with an i7, 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD. Only starting to think of replacing it now.

Rudolph Hart

Why?! I'm still using my 2012 Lenovo and it works perfectly well. Admittedly it was a decent machine when I got it with an i7, 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD. Only starting to think of replacing it now
Corporate nonsense. Ours get replaced every three years - they’re on a lease and have to be returned. That way IT don’t have to worry about supporting anything non-standard.

Nicholas

Why?! I'm still using my 2012 Lenovo and it works perfectly well. Admittedly it was a decent machine when I got it with an i7, 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD. Only starting to think of replacing it now.
It seems that AGSA has money to burn.

They let staff buy the hardware that is being retired, so he nabbed his old one for personal use. R1 800.