The Chat Room

Johnatan56

What's up with coffee prices? My 250g decaf is R20 more at Checkers and R30 more at Woolworths. Managed to get at the old price at Takealot though.
You're in CT now? Go to Deluxe and check.

Checking now, Decaf is substantially more expensive, wow.

Normal house blend used to be R50 in 2017, 2019 or so it became R65, now it's at R72.50, that's quite an inflation, but still probably cheaper than most.

Still cheaper than my 12 EUR/250g. :p

Sinbad

You're in CT now? Go to Deluxe and check.

Checking now, Decaf is substantially more expensive, wow.

Normal house blend used to be R50 in 2017, 2019 or so it became R65, now it's at R72.50, that's quite an inflation, but still probably cheaper than most.

Still cheaper than my 12 EUR/250g. :p
Lavazza Espresso Italiano Roast Coffee Beans, Arabica Medium, 1kg https://amzn.eu/d/0yiZm0G

Jings

Power was out whole day yesterday and till 1pm today. Took a lukewarm shower this morning.

Johnatan56

1656946450842.png
Nice, refresh hidden as more options.
I've disabled it, but waiting on choco install list to finish before restarting.
1656946486050.png
Also, show more options spawns as though you right clicked at that point. Shift+F10 doesn't work if right-click menu is open, needs to be closed. Stupid design.
Also task manager not being right-click on task bar is annoying, ctrl+shift+esc at least still works.
My 1080p task bar being utterly huge is annoying, the 1440p one is fine/good, looks better than it did on windows 10, so they have improved the scaling.

Not a fan of the gap in system tray:
1656946592586.png
It should be connected to the task bar.

The settings menu is more difficult to navigate, but at least the search seems better. Did disable bing/web search in group policy, just needs a restart.

Bluetooth seems buggy for connecting to stuff, but I haven't restarted the install yet, so could just be generic driver vs device specific.

Still need to purchase a license, will do when my case arrives end of next week, mess-up by the people, busy just going open air, lol. They also didn't deliver my 2TB ssd as well, but all of it got refunded, just annoying as can't put all my work projects on then (need ~800GB due to SQL DB's once expanded).

Also not that much of a fan of the alt+tab changes, find it more difficult to see the focus. Windows tab is better in 11.

Already found by first bug on the 1080p screen:
1656946979545.png
Nice.

Jings

View attachment 33423
Nice, refresh hidden as more options.
I've disabled it, but waiting on choco install list to finish before restarting.
View attachment 33424
Also, show more options spawns as though you right clicked at that point. Shift+F10 doesn't work if right-click menu is open, needs to be closed. Stupid design.
Also task manager not being right-click on task bar is annoying, ctrl+shift+esc at least still works.
My 1080p task bar being utterly huge is annoying, the 1440p one is fine/good, looks better than it did on windows 10, so they have improved the scaling.

Not a fan of the gap in system tray:
View attachment 33425
It should be connected to the task bar.

The settings menu is more difficult to navigate, but at least the search seems better. Did disable bing/web search in group policy, just needs a restart.

Bluetooth seems buggy for connecting to stuff, but I haven't restarted the install yet, so could just be generic driver vs device specific.

Still need to purchase a license, will do when my case arrives end of next week, mess-up by the people, busy just going open air, lol. They also didn't deliver my 2TB ssd as well, but all of it got refunded, just annoying as can't put all my work projects on then (need ~800GB due to SQL DB's once expanded).

Also not that much of a fan of the alt+tab changes, find it more difficult to see the focus. Windows tab is better in 11.

Already found by first bug on the 1080p screen:
View attachment 33426
Nice.

Looks like you're having fun.

What's a choco list?

Johnatan56

Package manager, you can install your apps through choco, can then export as a text file and import on another machine, it will install all of them with one command (yes, download as well). So can then go afk and do something else.

Usually mine is around 50 minutes or so on my 250Mbps line as IDE's, tools, etc., so 100GB or so, and usually queue up steam stuff to copy over the network.
Might have to reinstall everything though, something wrong with the boot manager on install, need to keep specifying boot device (think it's UEFI issue) will wipe the drive and start fresh, a bit annoying, will do it when the 2TB SSD arrives tomorrow or maybe next Friday when case shows up (swapped it with another, Torrent compact because very large, slow fans, so quiet, currently only fans really running is CPU one which is annoying, other fan is on the desk, will swap once I move into case, right now system is about 30dB on full load I think, can't hear with earbuds in even if noise cancelling off, 3 fan GPU, performance 2 fan doesn't make much difference, just noise).

Bluetooth got sorted, just needed to add the antenna, turns out it actually matters outside of improved signal, only LE BT works without it.

Jings

Package manager, you can install your apps through choco, can then export as a text file and import on another machine, it will install all of them with one command (yes, download as well). So can then go afk and do something else.

Usually mine is around 50 minutes or so on my 250Mbps line as IDE's, tools, etc., so 100GB or so, and usually queue up steam stuff to copy over the network.
Might have to reinstall everything though, something wrong with the boot manager on install, need to keep specifying boot device (think it's UEFI issue) will wipe the drive and start fresh, a bit annoying, will do it when the 2TB SSD arrives tomorrow or maybe next Friday when case shows up (swapped it with another, Torrent compact because very large, slow fans, so quiet, currently only fans really running is CPU one which is annoying, other fan is on the desk, will swap once I move into case, right now system is about 30dB on full load I think, can't hear with earbuds in even if noise cancelling off, 3 fan GPU, performance 2 fan doesn't make much difference, just noise).

Bluetooth got sorted, just needed to add the antenna, turns out it actually matters outside of improved signal, only LE BT works without it.

Why do they name managers after coffee and sweet stuff?

satanboy

Canal Walk is unbearably hot & humid. I (and SO) felt sick after being inside for 2 min.

Johnatan56

Canal Walk is unbearably hot & humid. I (and SO) felt sick after being inside for 2 min.
It's <20C in CT this week, shouldn't be. Maybe issue with having to turn off for load shedding? They don't get shed up until (and I think including) stage 4, was bonus of working in the towers. They basically started replacing everything to become more energy efficient, reducing their load permanently by what they'd need to reduce their stage, and that they can pick what to turn off stage 3 and up, wouldn't apply with stage 5/6 (I think).