The Chat Room

Nicholas

You do know that wrestling is staged?
/Wonders how they pull that off.
How can one wrestler be certain that their opponent is not injured not hurt when they fling them against the ropes and they fall over when they bounce off? Do wrestlers still slap each other in the face?

satanboy

How can one wrestler be certain that their opponent is not injured not hurt when they fling them against the ropes and they fall over when they bounce off? Do wrestlers still slap each other in the face?
How do they pull off movies? Theatre? etc

Johnatan56

There's a script written beforehand in regards to how they should act etc., so you should know what condition the person will be in.

Nicholas

There's a script written beforehand in regards to how they should act etc., so you should know what condition the person will be in.
I take it that the wrestlers can alter the script if they see that their opponent has fallen badly.

It's unlike boxing, where people seem to be hell-bent on murdering or brain damaging each other. :rolleyes:

satanboy

Stuntmen?

Theatre...wow...when last did I go to one of those? I have seen two productions in the last 20 years, in in Cape Town, the other in Camps Bay.
Just like stuntmen wrestlers practice their craft for many years. That may be a reason they are referred to as Professional wrestlers.

Nicholas

I wonder whether self-help programmes, and the pop psychology that go along with them, are something along the lines of a first-world problem: there are so many people who are too busy just trying to survive, let alone waste time ruminating on creating a vision board or bucket list or whatever the fad at any given time may be. Is it a matter of having too much time and money on one's hands? it looks as though there is no shortage of people ready to exploit others by selling tickets to conferences, courses, videos, and books.

satanboy

258751638_10227619044250249_1345328760634384769_n.jpg