The 2021 F1 thread

EADC

"In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration.

You can make up conspiracy theories and suck shit out of your thumb, but this is the findings.

The FIA should be penalized for that incident.

EADC

He was told to let Lulu pass, how else do you let him pass?
Also why didn’t Lulu pass, what if Max had a gearbox issue or another engine problem, Lulu just sat there behind him lolzzz

Yes we get it you dislike Hamilton and cannot look at it objectively.

Ghost64

Yes we get it you dislike Hamilton and cannot look at it objectively.
I am, I always do. I follow the timeline. They tell max to let him pass, they tell FIA max will give the place back, Max slows be it on the racing line, Lulu doesn’t pass coz he had a brain fart, runs into the back of Max. Anywhere in the world the driver at the back is at fault.
Then max is trying to give back the place but Lulu is too far behind and then max gets a 5s penalty, madness.
Bottas deliberately held up max so Merc could get a double stack but no investigation or sanction.
Its a joke.

satanboy

I am, I always do. I follow the timeline. They tell max to let him pass, they tell FIA max will give the place back, Max slows be it on the racing line, Lulu doesn’t pass coz he had a brain fart, runs into the back of Max. Anywhere in the world the driver at the back is at fault.
Then max is trying to give back the place but Lulu is too far behind and then max gets a 5s penalty, madness.
Bottas deliberately held up max so Merc could get a double stack but no investigation or sanction.
Its a joke.
Giving drivers stupid nicknames shows your bias.

EADC

Its a joke.

Nothing about this is objective your disdain for Mercedes is apparent, the thing you missing is that Hamilton was not told in time about Max giving him the position back

Ghost64

Nothing about this is objective your disdain for Mercedes is apparent, the thing you missing is that Hamilton was not told in time about Max giving him the position back
I think he was, either way, he should have drove past Max if he was slowing down, it’s what race car drivers do.

EADC

I think he was, either way, he should have drove past Max if he was slowing down, it’s what race car drivers do.

What you or I think is irrelevant. Anyway like satanboy said its done now FIA have ruled.

Ghost64

What you or I think is irrelevant. Anyway like satanboy said its done now FIA have ruled.
Yip
Any idea what Mercedes front wing is made of? Ocon trampled over it, Lewis drove into the back of max and the wing stayed on. What sorcery is that? Lolzzz

All in all the Saudi GP looked awesome on TV, fireworks, light show was amazing. Was really good. Didn’t get to see the Biebs though.

EADC

Yip
Any idea what Mercedes front wing is made of? Ocon trampled over it, Lewis drove into the back of max and the wing stayed on. What sorcery is that? Lolzzz

All in all the Saudi GP looked awesome on TV, fireworks, light show was amazing. Was really good. Didn’t get to see the Biebs though.

They have better duct tape.

Düber

Hamilton was not told in time about Max giving him the position back
This is what I don't get, why would LH (or any other driver for that matter) need to be told. I would think that they should be sniffing opportunity and looking for weakness and mistakes the whole race, especially in something as tight as F1.

I think MV was pissed off about having to give the place back, braked harshly, wanted DRS so that he could mug LH the second he passed. LH came out of the corner and was perhaps busy adjusting shit on his steering wheel or otherwise preoccupied and when he looked up MV was essentially standing still in front of him.

A bit like an accident I had whilst trying to mop up chip vinegar on my passenger seat.

If LH wasn't sleeping this would have been a non event, just a place given back or a pass on a corner.

Sinbad

This is what I don't get, why would LH (or any other driver for that matter) need to be told. I would think that they should be sniffing opportunity and looking for weakness and mistakes the whole race, especially in something as tight as F1.

I think MV was pissed off about having to give the place back, braked harshly, wanted DRS so that he could mug LH the second he passed. LH came out of the corner and was perhaps busy adjusting shit on his steering wheel or otherwise preoccupied and when he looked up MV was essentially standing still in front of him.

A bit like an accident I had whilst trying to mop up chip vinegar on my passenger seat.

If LH wasn't sleeping this would have been a non event, just a place given back or a pass on a corner.
Nope. LH was slowing down the whole time. He was just trying to avoid passing MV before the DRS detection

Düber

Nope. LH was slowing down the whole time. He was just trying to avoid passing MV before the DRS detection
Ahh ok, that makes it even more curious as to why only MV was punished. :unsure:

I was busy on the lathe whilst watching the race so I probably missed some of the (obviously important) details.

Sinbad

Ahh ok, that makes it even more curious as to why only MV was punished. :unsure:

I was busy on the lathe whilst watching the race so I probably missed some of the (obviously important) details.
Cynic in me says that the result being what it was means bigger viewership at next gp as it's the decider. So the stewards engineered that result.

satanboy

I would like to know what it means to "give the position back".

Do you allow the other car to pass completely and immediately take the position back? Do you allow 1, 2 or 3 seconds to pass before taking the position back again? What is the rule if any?

At the moment it is just a joke.

Dave

Red Bull chief Helmut Marko has apologised and admitted he was wrong to suggest that Max Verstappen did not brake in front of Lewis Hamilton at the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

The controversial and dramatic incident between the Formula One title rivals occurred when Verstappen was ordered to give his lead of the race back to Hamilton after pushing the Mercedes wide following an attack from the seven-time world champion.

“At the time of the television interview, I passed on exactly the information I had previously received from the engineers,” Marko told F1 Insider.

“They obviously weren’t right, so I’m sorry.”