The 2021 F1 thread

Dave

I just don't like his hypocrisy - and the way he acts when things aren't going his way. It's very easy to be all "you guys are awesome, I wouldn't be able to do it if it weren't for the team" when you're winning - but let one thing go wrong and he's ready to publically crucify them. That and the fact that his whole rainbow helmet thing was shown to be a publicity stunt by his reference to "all the men and women" on the team.

So we put Sinbad into the "off track social justice beliefs" box?

Dave

Nope.
It's his hypocrisy, not his beliefs.

I'm not sure I have seen much personal hypocrisy, I know people complain eg about his stance and then driving in Saudi Arabia, but he has no control over where F1 goes and as the preshow showed, F1 could actually do some good in SA.

Ultimately, all the drivers are there for the money and are under contract.

Sinbad

I'm not sure I have seen much personal hypocrisy, I know people complain eg about his stance and then driving in Saudi Arabia, but he has no control over where F1 goes and as the preshow showed, F1 could actually do some good in SA.

Ultimately, all the drivers are there for the money and are under contract.
So the LGBTQ inclusivity thing, but his thought process is still binary. And his fake magnanimity. Exactly what I listed before.

Düber

I watched the race this morning, what a cracker!
The way I see it is that LH was caught napping, he should have been on high alert for any slipup or mistake from MV and poised to take advantage.
What was unclear to me was if MV was actually instructed to give the place or if he just did it?

I am with @Sinbad on LH's attitude. There are very few that have or had the ability and skill that he possesses but the very second something doesn't go to his liking his lip engages the hoover position and it is always somebody else's fault. Sadly MV is looking to be cut from the same cloth.

Sinbad

I watched the race this morning, what a cracker!
The way I see it is that LH was caught napping, he should have been on high alert for any slipup or mistake from MV and poised to take advantage.
What was unclear to me was if MV was actually instructed to give the place or if he just did it?

I am with @Sinbad on LH's attitude. There are very few that have or had the ability and skill that he possesses but the very second something doesn't go to his liking his lip engages the hoover position and it is always somebody else's fault. Sadly MV is looking to be cut from the same cloth.
He was instructed to give it back.

Ghost64

Max slows down to 120kph to let Lulu pass, Lulu slows down to 120kph, then bumps into Max coz he’s a bloody idiot, its Max fault lol!!
I hope Merc loses, will be the best thing of 2021. They are the biggest embarrassment to F1.

Ghost64

Yep, they are both highly strung, by attitude on and off track I think I would go with Lando Norris or George Russell.
Notice how those two little cheats stopped going fast after Merc got called out for suspect behaviour on the straights? Where’s Norris and Russells pace gone? 3 Brits with their British made engine all with huge margins on their team mates? Lies lol!

Ghost64

I must admit I do enjoy stirring the pot a little, especially when you get an idiot who still posts wanting to know why Hamilton wasn't penalised for driving into Verstappen on the straight, after the stewards report and sky analysis of the decision was posted and discussed.

Some people are just so incensed by Hamilton's off track social justice beliefs and dress sense they can't see the facts when in front of them, one or two just hate him for being an outspoken black (actually coloured, but they don't discriminate) driver.
As an old school Ferrari fan I never liked Lulu & Alonso & Kimi & Mika & Coulthard... but Lulu takes the cake since 2017 with his fakeness and lies. His behaviour at 2016 Abu Dhabi was a joke, hope it happens again...

satanboy

"In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration.

You can make up conspiracy theories and suck shit out of your thumb, but this is the findings.

Ghost64

"In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration.

You can make up conspiracy theories and suck shit out of your thumb, but this is the findings.
He was told to let Lulu pass, how else do you let him pass?
Also why didn’t Lulu pass, what if Max had a gearbox issue or another engine problem, Lulu just sat there behind him lolzzz