Recent tech purchases

satanboy

I prefer the unit's that's dc powered.

edit: Oh, wow, they have more in stock!
Do you have it permanently plugged into the router or do you attached it when there is no power?

biometrics

Do you have it permanently plugged into the router or do you attached it when there is no power?
Permanent. Internet never goes down during loadshedding.

But you should ask your ISP if they have backup power for their fibre or else you're shit out of luck.

satanboy

Permanent. Internet never goes down during loadshedding.

But you should ask your ISP if they have backup power for their fibre or else you're shit out of luck.
Our service provider (not ISP) have installed back-up power in all the apartment complexes. Should work.

biometrics

Got offered one of these today, brand new and still sealed in its retail box for half RRP, it would have been bad manners to say no.

View attachment 7563
Their robot vacuum is really good. The software is excellent too. And regular upgrades. So I'd imagine any of their products will be excellent.

Dave

Their robot vacuum is really good. The software is excellent too. And regular upgrades. So I'd imagine any of their products will be excellent.

The only downside is it's only 64GB (it's 6GB/64GB) storage, other than that it's easily of the same quality as my OnePlus 7 Pro (which is 12GB/256GB).

I wanted a phone to see what 5G coverage is like around here so was just about to buy one at full price when this was offered.

biometrics

The only downside is it's only 64GB (it's 6GB/64GB) storage, other than that it's easily of the same quality as my OnePlus 7 Pro (which is 12GB/256GB).

I wanted a phone to see what 5G coverage is like around here so was just about to buy one at full price when this was offered.
I have the 6T and hardly use any of the storage and likely RAM. These devices are overkill for me nowadays. So that Xiaomi spec will be more than enough for me. But for now I'm happy with my OnePlus.

How much was it?

Dave

I have the 6T and hardly use any of the storage and likely RAM. These devices are overkill for me nowadays. So that Xiaomi spec will be more than enough for me. But for now I'm happy with my OnePlus.

How much was it?

Its the Mi10 Lite 5G, RRP is £260, Amazon just put the price up to £299 (I presume to reduce it next week on Prime Day). I paid £130.

The spec is almost the same as the Oneplus Nord, both are AMOLED and both have the Snapdragon 765G.

I haven't checked China prices for a while.

biometrics

Its the Mi10 Lite 5G, RRP is £260, Amazon just put the price up to £299 (I presume to reduce it next week on Prime Day). I paid £130.

The spec is almost the same as the Oneplus Nord, both are AMOLED and both have the Snapdragon 765G.

I haven't checked China prices for a while.
Yeah, can't see myself ever paying for an overpriced iPhone or Samsung again.

Spizz

I bought my son the Redmi Note 9S last week. Apart from being massive, it’s pretty impressive for the R4199 price.

Dave

As an update, I used the Mi10 alongside the OP7 for the last few days and tonight the 7Pro went on a journey to a new home.

I actually prefer the Xiaomi screen (even though logic says it should be inferior), and it handles notifications much better than the OP7. Video and streaming works equally well and the Xiaomi actually feels of higher quality production (maybe because it's a glass back rather than plastic).

I'm quite amazed considering the price difference.

Dave

The 7 Pro is a lot of things but cheap isn't one of them. Build quality and feel in the hand is 2nd to none! Rear is glass...

oh, I agree it's a well made phone, I don't know what gave me that impression but to me it felt like plastic, tapping it sounded plasticky, compared to both an iPhone and the Xiaomi. Very different from the 5T and 6 as well.

(We need a shrugging emoji here)