Protests, riots and looting in South Africa

Düber

They've been shooting at looters with live ammo. Hectic.
They are a wild bunch for sure. I just hope that sense prevails.
But these things are a bit like a fire. If you stop it whilst small and manageable it saves a lot of damage later on. Getting the tactic right can't be easy but three policeman and a shotgun, watching people looting does not feel like the right approach either.

biometrics

But these things are a bit like a fire. If you stop it whilst small and manageable it saves a lot of damage later on. Getting the tactic right can't be easy but three policeman and a shotgun, watching people looting does not feel like the right approach either.
The army deployment will be increased to 25,000. That's a start. Should have done it in the first place, not 2,500.

scudsucker

But these things are a bit like a fire. If you stop it whilst small and manageable it saves a lot of damage later on.
I trust the taxi mafia to solve this problem just as much as I trust them to set up a safe, efficient, accountable public transport system.

Sinbad

I trust the taxi mafia to solve this problem just as much as I trust them to set up a safe, efficient, accountable public transport system.
f5e8bb7d8cbf3380e37249dae8c86ca7.jpg

Dave

There really are an abundance of fuckhead Rambo wannabes in SA, the number of people (in threads elsewhere) either fantasising about facing down a mob with their Glock or CZ 9mm or recommending everyone should be buying a Glock or CZ to protect their self/family/home is ridiculous.

They should stop watching so much TV…

Nicholas

1626353593214.png

On Monday morning, someone called somebody else and told them that a bomb at been planted at the Vincent Park Shopping Centre. The centre was evacuated. Nothing else seems to have come of it.

Seldom Bucket

On Monday morning, someone called somebody else and told them that a bomb at been planted at the Vincent Park Shopping Centre. The centre was evacuated. Nothing else seems to have come of it.
We as part of community patrol have had to deal with many people spreading fake news or fake intel. We arrive at the supposed trouble spot only to see nothing happened, was happening or ever happened. With the little amount of fuel left sending fake and false reports around is starting to become a big problem