Protests, riots and looting in South Africa

Sinbad

The original protests were Zuma but it quickly became desperate people stealing. Just plain criminality. I do have some sympathy for the poor but don't condone the destruction.

Btw have you had your vaccine yet in the UAE (you're there iirc)?
Desperate people?
A lot of what I saw was people loading shit into mercs.

Cray

Echoes of this...

UIRBHTUCRZC6LOU2KZ6BXZYLJY.jpg

Sinbad

@Sinbad you're still connected to Joburg. What's your take?
I'm connected to KZN as well. My parents are trying to sleep with the stench of burning rubber blowing through their house.

It's horrific. N3 is shut down. SAPREF has shut down. There are going to be loads of shortages in the next few days/weeks. Fuel, food, consumer goods. Whole distribution centres for major store companies have been wiped out.
My son's business in Sandton is shut down for safety of staff.
Hospitals and blood banks been attacked.

I don't know how long SA will take to recover from this. We dodged a bullet getting out but I am really worried for family and friends we left behind... Survivor's guilt is real.

biometrics

I'm connected to KZN as well. My parents are trying to sleep with the stench of burning rubber blowing through their house.

It's horrific. N3 is shut down. SAPREF has shut down. There are going to be loads of shortages in the next few days/weeks. Fuel, food, consumer goods. Whole distribution centres for major store companies have been wiped out.
My son's business in Sandton is shut down for safety of staff.
Hospitals and blood banks been attacked.

I don't know how long SA will take to recover from this. We dodged a bullet getting out but I am really worried for family and friends we left behind... Survivor's guilt is real.
We'll be ok, don't worry.