PC Building Thread

Lupus

Received the case, power supply and keyboard.
Let's get started ladies and genitals.
Unboxing Motherboard and CPU then removing the thermal compound that comes with the stock cooler and applying some Corsair performance thermal paste I have from a previous build.

This was the very first AMD build I've done, every previous build has always been Intel.

View attachment 3391
View attachment 3399
View attachment 3396
View attachment 3395View attachment 3397
View attachment 3393
View attachment 3392
View attachment 3398
View attachment 3400
View attachment 3394
You didn't need to remove the thermal compound from the cooler, especially if you're not going to overclock, the wraith stealth keeps the AF decently cool, especially if you've got a decent case with good airflow.
The A320m is really budget, you could've gotten a B450 for a little bit more.

BloodrayneZA

Ooooo @Sudo Panic thats a sweet setup. I need to upgrade but need both a desktop and laptop but can’t afford both at the same time so will have to start saving up for both. Curry’s PC World in UK has some nice deals going there

Reactions: Y2K

BloodrayneZA

You didn't need to remove the thermal compound from the cooler, especially if you're not going to overclock, the wraith stealth keeps the AF decently cool, especially if you've got a decent case with good airflow.
Actually the stock thermal compound is crap. That’s why we strip it and put in a better quality one.

Lupus

Actually the stock thermal compound is crap. That’s why we strip it and put in a better quality one.
I've done 2 AMD pcs recently and it's actually pretty much okay, it's not spectacular but it's fine for what is needed, especially if you're not going to overclock..

BloodrayneZA

I've done 2 AMD pcs recently and it's actually pretty much okay, it's not spectacular but it's fine for what is needed, especially if you're not going to overclock..
Not if you leave the pc on 24/7. I’m a technician and know it is better to have it done properly.

ok I’ve done the maths - since I already have the case and power supply, it’s only going to cost me £670 just for motherboard, cpu, DDR4 ram, graphics card, wireless mouse/keyboard, new screen (mine is 11 ish years),

Y2K

Did you read the thread? 14k was the budget. I don't see the harm in using higher quality thermal paste than the one it comes with.

Y2K

Understandable but if I had the thermal paste already I don't see the issue with replacing it🤷‍♂️

Papa Smurf

back in my day i worked for IBM in London for 3yrs
aaah those were the days
i Coined it as people thought the sky was gonna fall on their heads because of Y2K
:ROFLMAO:
came home after that all in May 2000 and bought a house in Gordons Bay cash in my twenties :)

But Im not into IT anymore because Im sick and tired of fixing other peoples problems because they are stupid people

BloodrayneZA

Oh, that is seriously a entry level motherboard! 😲

@BloodrayneZA I was also looking at upgrading, Mb/CPU/Ram +-R14k :cry:
Yeah it’s not cheap anymore. With my job hunting in IT, I need to keep up to date with everything - really due for a desktop upgrade and save up for a laptop for travel purposes.

BloodrayneZA

Not if you leave the pc on 24/7. I’m a technician and know it is better to have it done properly.

ok I’ve done the maths - since I already have the case and power supply, it’s only going to cost me £670 just for motherboard, cpu, DDR4 ram, graphics card, wireless mouse/keyboard, new screen (mine is 11 ish years),
I’ve just managed to save a bit and keep the quality - £637 now