Online Dating

Blantyre

I hope you have tried more than Tinder.

I tried Bumble recently and went on a date. I found out the lady was married and had a kid before but went just to up my social muscle without any intention. The lady said she was interested but felt I was not putting in as much effort. My psychological attitude may have had an effect but I am also introverted.

scudsucker

This is not different to the way I have approached job interviews in the past.

It is a slightly dickish thing to do, but without recent interview experience, how do I pass interviews? So I apply for places where I am unlikely to want employment and get the confidence I need for the interview at the place I do want to be.

Nicholas

I tried Bumble recently and went on a date. I found out the lady was married and had a kid before but went just to up my social muscle without any intention. The lady said she was interested but felt I was not putting in as much effort. My psychological attitude may have had an effect but I am also introverted.
That's the one where the woman initiates contact, right? I prefer that.

Blantyre

It is a slightly dickish thing to do, but without recent interview experience, how do I pass interviews? So I apply for places where I am unlikely to want employment and get the confidence I need for the interview at the place I do want to be.

We are meant to go to these things without much expectation. As long as you are civil and don't have bad intention, I don't see an issue. Women reject men all the time.

Blantyre

That's the one where the woman initiates contact, right? I prefer that.

Yes, it is. It is better than Tinder but still hard. After weeks of using it, I have only ever got three matches from women, Two did not respond.

I switched it to BFF (i.e friendship) and matches with guys are more common. It seems like online is so easy for women.

satanboy

I wonder what the proportion of men to women is on these sites.
Tinder has a gender imbalance, with 75% of users identifying as male.

Rudolph Hart

And many of the ‘women’ are bots?

Nicholas

Aha!

biometrics

Decided to give this another go but I will be assisted with AI profile photos and text. Read a study that shows how effective this is. Lots of paid and some free tools. Will share later what I used but as an example:

biometrics

For free profiles this is pretty good, witty and free. You can regenerate sections until you are happy,

biometrics

Got the photoai.me results and I'm actually quite happy, there are pics I can use.

Nicholas

Nicholas

For free profiles this is pretty good, witty and free. You can regenerate sections until you are happy,

By witty, do you mean over-the-top? Seeing some of what it has generated for me has me thinking that I could have some fun with this.