LPW 20: Last Plodder Wins

Dave

I found this while doing some searching, this is probably bad news for developing countries (where I suppose SA will have to be placed these days). India has decided to stockpile for home use the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine and won’t be supplying other countries, I think President Squirrel was likely hoping for an order via India as its the cheapest and easiest to store vaccine.

Johnatan56

Wondering if I will be able to fly at that time, do I get to have priority for it? I am on medical aid, though I've already had Covid so is it even worth getting the vaccine anymore.
1610394995177.png
Well, that Google gave an answer pretty quickly for the 2019 variant.

Jings

Wondering if I will be able to fly at that time, do I get to have priority for it? I am on medical aid, though I've already had Covid so is it even worth getting the vaccine anymore.
View attachment 10162
Well, that Google gave an answer pretty quickly for the 2019 variant.
Yup, pretty much sums it up. It's gonna suck getting vaccinated on a regular basis.

Dave

Yes I know they've discussed it but can't we ease into the idea, and joke around a little?

There’s nothing funny being the forum scarecrow. Who apparently believes it’s two shots and done forever.

for example

He said it was not yet known how long immunity would last after the second dose of the vaccine is given.

However, he said, a booster immunisation "should not be too complicated" if it was found immunity was reduced significantly after one year.

Johnatan56

Pretty sure that counts for fuck all in Europe, you know the countries with free or subsidised publicly funded healthcare for all?

Or are you thinking SA is going to be in a position to vaccinate this year?
No, I'm wondering if they're going to enforce vaccine before flying.

Jings

There’s nothing funny being the forum scarecrow. Who apparently believes it’s two shots and done forever.

for example

He said it was not yet known how long immunity would last after the second dose of the vaccine is given.

However, he said, a booster immunisation "should not be too complicated" if it was found immunity was reduced significantly after one year.

The tone in the article you chose is quite hopeful because it's an if, which means immunity might not necessarily be significantly reduced.

Dave

No, I'm wondering if they're going to enforce vaccine before flying.

Doubtful, aren’t you flying in the next 6 months? I doubt the SA roll-out will even be properly underway unless some western country feels sorry for SA and donates vaccine.

The plan where the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine was given to India to produce for developing countries as well as domestic seems to have backfired with India stockpiling all current output for domestic use and isn’t making any available to developing nations as was the original plan I saw.