LPW 20: Last Plodder Wins

Jings

Iirc, Sunday was a proper cold day, it was -5° in the afternoon/early evening.
Must have been really hot in that supermarket.

Not sure I would survive in - 5C climate, even with hot flushes. Hope those freezing cold days are rare.

Dave

Must have been really hot in that supermarket.

Not sure I would survive in - 5C climate, even with hot flushes. Hope those freezing cold days are rare.

They are, it’s normally in the single figure +°C, I don’t know how hot it was, probably around 20° but I dislike the heat so prefer it to be cool.

Jings

So you wouldn’t be happy living somewhere like this?

View attachment 10177
Not at all. Not even mentioning the 70% humidity.

Would you be happy living here?
a963b6ce1f79f61d8f361c711f603e10.jpg

Jings

Not enough shade ... or ice cream places ...
There's a bar on the beach.
It looks a bit hot and sticky, nice for a holiday but maybe not so nice to live and work in (trust me, I lived and worked in Durban so speaking from experience).
High humidity takes getting used to. Excellent place to work if you don't have to go out under the hot, hot sun.

Dave

There's a bar on the beach.High humidity takes getting used to. Excellent place to work if you don't have to go out under the hot, hot sun.

Not just humidity, try parking a bike on the side of the road in the sun for a couple of hours and then jump on to ride off, it’s like poaching eggs 😱😱😱😱

Jings

Not just humidity, try parking a bike on the side of the road in the sun for a couple of hours and then jump on to ride off, it’s like poaching eggs
Why not park the bike in the shade then? That's the kind of lesson to learn only once.

Jings

There were places we worked with no shade at all, eg on the side of the freeway. So, no real choice other than covering the seat with a jacket or similar.
Oh I see. No trees on the freeways. Some places in Gauteng are dangerous to park on the side. On the N12 heading east, just passed Camoro you got to watch out for falling rock.