Look: Fed up of the scourge of rape and femicide, SA women turn to guns for protection

Dave

No his .303, the cordite rounds still work like a charm though.

Cordite hasn’t been used in .303 rounds since the early 1960’s, they moved to nitro-cellulose powder at that time, you ignorant idiot.

a "plaasjapie in his short sleeve khaki safari suits" are a bad thing and you hold them in contempt even calling them inbred.

No, one specific plaasjapie in his short sleeve safari suit who is the forum cunt.

Just you, no one else...

Paul Hjul

Somehow without ever being a soldier.

But then he probably isn’t old enough to have even been born when conscription was a thing.
what is worse is that in addition to having never been in the armed forces his entire commentary towards uniformed disciplined service has been contemptuous

One of the great mercies in my life is that this country has not had a shortage of enlisted manpower. On only one occasion since I've been an adult has SA experienced a tangible risk of insurrection - although a fear Zuma is trying to stoke a second risk - and the great peril to our national defence is a lack of political leadership (frankly Zuma spat on the dignity of our troops) and related equipment and corruption issues rather than manpower. But with the attitude this asshole is showing the danger to both SAPS officers and SANDF enlists and officers.

Frankly I wish the MDC had provisions to authorize dealing with military or civilian persons in the Republic stoking psuedo-militarism - if for no other reason than to deal with the MKVA nonsense. Of course getting a constitutional balance is a challenge in such provisions but the whole reason the Supplementary Act was passed in 1998 was to align with constitutional values.

There are plenty of 25 year olds who are interested in firearms and matters military and they either enlist or apply their interests in a responsible and respectful manner.

Paul Hjul

In the hope that the dishonest distraction is going to abstain from being a dickhead. I'd actually appreciate people's thoughts on children handling firearms in a controlled environment

An example of what can go wrong:

I am also disinclined to see merit in firearms aimed at children and see the gun lobby in the US having a dangerous and dishonest marketing campaign to trap generations into vice-ful money spending

The idea of telling children not to handle firearms without an adult present is to me a fools errand especially if guns made for children proliferate and absolute controls by the owner is far more important
But I do see merit in a prepubescents child who specifically wants to learn about gun sports having an opportunity at a suitable range - I'd nudge teenagers into experiencing on range shooting but not nudge pre-teens.

scudsucker

I'm pretty sure all I want to teach my kids is how to safely disassemble one if they ever find it.

spiderz

In the hope that the dishonest distraction is going to abstain from being a dickhead. I'd actually appreciate people's thoughts on children handling firearms in a controlled environment

An example of what can go wrong:

I am also disinclined to see merit in firearms aimed at children and see the gun lobby in the US having a dangerous and dishonest marketing campaign to trap generations into vice-ful money spending

The idea of telling children not to handle firearms without an adult present is to me a fools errand especially if guns made for children proliferate and absolute controls by the owner is far more important
But I do see merit in a prepubescents child who specifically wants to learn about gun sports having an opportunity at a suitable range - I'd nudge teenagers into experiencing on range shooting but not nudge pre-teens.
Gun safety first, and never give them something they can't control (like a uzi).
Start with small calibers (.22) or even air rifle.

Seldom Bucket

Gun safety first, and never give them something they can't control (like a uzi).
I started at 6 with a 9mm Beretta.

Though I never fired it, my mother put on the safety and then told me if I can squeeze the trigger I can shoot it, never knew about the safety back then

Last edited:

Paul Hjul

well my question is whether small caliber but actual firearms should be made specifically for children.

I am all in favour for accessories to properly mount and the like for children to be able to handle a firearm more safely but I am against making such accessories look the part and I am dead against (mind the pun) marketing firearms to children. If an adult wants a Barbie branded pistol by all means but using toy association branding directed at children strikes me as wrong. I can also see the validity in having realistic dummy devices and doing proper safety lessons, but I don't think there is any amount of training or instruction that addresses the impulse control reality - i.e telling your kids about gun safety doesn't stand in substitution for proper storage and absolute preventing of access.

I am assuming both of you (Spizz and Mad_Dog) are supportive of children is a suitably controlled environment having some interaction with firearms.

biometrics

Good plan. And put the @ sign in front of Spiderz and not Spizz if you want to get the attention of the guy you are debating here with ;)
Did you ever get a chance to fire that "gun" of yours?