Is this our new home?

Bandit

Just a question to all that joined here, are we leaving myBB or is it just another forum?

Unless you're angry at rpm/MyBB why would you switch and not use both? Forum needs an identity though, at the moment it's a bit of a copy (thread titles included). The Community, for example, managed to pulled it off so here's hoping The Grotto will too :)

biometrics

Unless you're angry at rpm/MyBB why would you switch and not use both? Forum needs an identity though, at the moment it's a bit of a copy (thread titles included). The Community, for example, managed to pulled it off so here's hoping The Grotto will too :)
Totally agree. You'll notice the main site, https://thegrotto.co.za, is nothing like other sites. Still needs lots of work but our in-house journalist & artist is finding her feet. (is vs are, I am confused)

Plus, I'm inviting people from MyBB, so it will be kinda similar for a while.

acidrain

Not sure yet but this is what I do know...

It's certainly not the journalism that was keeping me there and with this whole COVID stirring up so much toxicity on their forum, this invite might have come at a perfect time.

As for the likeness in layout, I don't think you have much choice with vbulletin... just no discourse please

Airborne

Looks like this place will be fun.... goodbye Mybb's advertorials and Jamie McKane's shty articles.
But the real question is how long will it take before the grotto sells it's soul to Afrihost??
Ping Gian PINGING GIAN!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

biometrics

Looks like this place will be fun.... goodbye Mybb's advertorials and Jamie McKane's shty articles.
But the real question is how long will it take before the grotto sells it's soul to Afrihost??
Ping Gian PINGING GIAN!!!!!!!!
How much you got?