DIY and other Projects

Tribs

Are you going to put these all along the divider?
Will it have some sharp angles when it is in place?

If you could make it stand on its own with a corner( if that makes sense) then it would be the best.

If you need to use stands because it is too straight would go for the first picture with the plank across the panel and the long end of the steel bracket up.
The stand is shorter than the actual panel. So the bits should not affect one another when it is zigzag. It would be good to have it fairly straightish on one side and then it curves around to make a closed-off area. Each panel will have a stand

spiderz

Ok - currently I am building a room divider as I am stuck working from home for the foreseeable future and I do not have a dedicated, private place to put up an office. I am in the open plan Lounge/dining room. This means that I have the TV noise to contend with when I game at night and they have my "Where are you" to put up with. So I want to build a room divider.

Will go into details later but suffice to say I am using a fairly heavy wood that will be connected using hinges - to create a z-fold divider. My mom is concerned that it is going to fall over and kill me. So I am working on a removable stand for the panels. Which would be stronger?
View attachment 12355
or
View attachment 12356
?

The panels will not be fixed onto the stands.
neither of those will keep a freestanding 1.8m panel up

Düber

The stand is shorter than the actual panel. So the bits should not affect one another when it is zigzag. It would be good to have it fairly straightish on one side and then it curves around to make a closed-off area. Each panel will have a stand
Sounds like it should work, if it has a decent zigzag and a curve it is unlikely to be blown over or fall when bumped, a stand on the straighter edge would be a good idea.
You can always reinforce it later when it is up and you notice a weak point.

spiderz

61n5wQo7ojL._AC_SX466_.jpg
If the panels are narrow and connected, this can work.
Also note 3 sets of hinges

Tribs

Were you successful in creating your safe space? :)
No - the work has not stopped. I am hoping today I will get done what I need to so I can build. But I have to admit - I am terrified of screwing things up (no pun intended)

spiderz

No - the work has not stopped. I am hoping today I will get done what I need to so I can build. But I have to admit - I am terrified of screwing things up (no pun intended)
If you don't like screws ... use bolts and nuts ;)