DIY and other Projects

biometrics

Those look lovely but we are large people. Not sure that is suitable lol.
I do love the idea of a bench swing though.
View attachment 11434
but this looks really awesome

View attachment 11435
I had a similar thing ten years ago. Rusted to shit near the ocean. So watch out for metal standing out in the rain. Power coating just needs one spot for rust to get it. But up there it's probably less of an issue.

Rudolph Hart

I had a similar thing ten years ago. Rusted to shit near the ocean. So watch out for metal standing out in the rain. Power coating just needs one spot for rust to get it. But up there it's probably less of an issue.
Move to the Karoo. No rust and lots of solar power. Just need a good borehole though.

The thing with grates is that they all corrode away over time, unless it’s stainless. And I’d hate to think what those would cost if they were stainless.

Papa Smurf

Now this is the best idea
Lekker midnight full moon pomp on a warm summers evening
But then again you people over 45 shouldnt be pomping anymore anyways

1614772394378.png

Papa Smurf

What do you expect people over 45 to he doing on that swing bed?

Speak for yourself old man

Yoh
You old ladies need to slow down please. Your 'Golden Years' are upon you, please relax and breathe in and enjoy each morning that you wake up from. Thank You

PS I have had a few beers after work and a sneaky whisky or 2 so excuse my grammar. fok, that almost sounded like grandma :unsure: :oops:

Unsung Hero: TV show got granny crocheting blankets | Your Local Guardian

Jings

Yoh
You old ladies need to slow down please. Your 'Golden Years' are upon you, please relax and breathe in and enjoy each morning that you wake up from. Thank You

PS I have had a few beers after work and a sneaky whisky or 2 so excuse my grammar. fok, that almost sounded like grandma :unsure: :oops:

Sounds like you need to take a nap on that swing bed.

Tribs

Yoh

Slowing down is what will put you in your grave. So no thanks

And drinking is no excuse -just because you lack libido doesn't mean the rest of us are going to go the same route

Jings

I was wasted last night.
Don't even remember posting that
Thank goodness for forums with time stamps
I wake up each morning and go online to see what kak I spoke the previous night

Noticed you were drunk and was waiting for you to say Tribs is going to become a swinger or something punny like that. :LOL:

Rudolph Hart

Now that would definitely have been funnier than telling me not to shag on it
Seriously though, the chances of getting the rhythm spot on with the pendulum of the swing are pretty remote, and even if you get settled into it, you’ll end up going out of sync on the short strokes.

And besides, three minutes isn’t really long enough to properly get all that stuff co-ordinated.

Tribs

Seriously though, the chances of getting the rhythm spot on with the pendulum of the swing are pretty remote, and even if you get settled into it, you’ll end up going out of sync on the short strokes.

And besides, three minutes isn’t really long enough to properly get all that stuff co-ordinated.
Um reverse or normal cowgirl is what I had in mind. And who says the rhythm needs to match - or that it has to be intense ? It could just be a really relaxed sideways cuddle.

Tribs

Ok - currently I am building a room divider as I am stuck working from home for the foreseeable future and I do not have a dedicated, private place to put up an office. I am in the open plan Lounge/dining room. This means that I have the TV noise to contend with when I game at night and they have my "Where are you" to put up with. So I want to build a room divider.

Will go into details later but suffice to say I am using a fairly heavy wood that will be connected using hinges - to create a z-fold divider. My mom is concerned that it is going to fall over and kill me. So I am working on a removable stand for the panels. Which would be stronger?
1617039433835.png
or
1617039462346.png
?

The panels will not be fixed onto the stands.

Lara

Ok - currently I am building a room divider as I am stuck working from home for the foreseeable future and I do not have a dedicated, private place to put up an office. I am in the open plan Lounge/dining room. This means that I have the TV noise to contend with when I game at night and they have my "Where are you" to put up with. So I want to build a room divider.

Will go into details later but suffice to say I am using a fairly heavy wood that will be connected using hinges - to create a z-fold divider. My mom is concerned that it is going to fall over and kill me. So I am working on a removable stand for the panels. Which would be stronger?
View attachment 12355
or
View attachment 12356
?

The panels will not be fixed onto the stands.
How tall will the dividers be? :)

The second picture is better but it will be harder to fit the divider.

Düber

Are you going to put these all along the divider?
Will it have some sharp angles when it is in place?

If you could make it stand on its own with a corner( if that makes sense) then it would be the best.

If you need to use stands because it is too straight would go for the first picture with the plank across the panel and the long end of the steel bracket up.