Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Jings

The private ones in PE are fine. Just the public ones that have been diabolical for years.

And the private ones seem to be refusing Covid patients. When my mom asked if it would be safe to get her monthly blood test they said that they send suspected coronavirus cases to the public hospitals, and that they have no coronavirus patients at all. They want no part of this shitstorm.
Scary. Best thing to do would be to not to contract the virus.

biometrics

To prevent 100,000 deaths
Isn't it to flatten the curve and thereby give the health services time to prepare additional facilities and allow them to treat the infected patients without hospital admissions overwhelming the bed capacity of the hospitals?
Both are true (don't know the exact number obviously). By flattening the curve more people will be saved. That's the theory anyway.

biometrics

1589310849278.png

Rest in attachment. Basically you can't be arrested for example for not wearing a mask.

Attachments

• COVID no off.pdf
    328 KB · Views: 3

biometrics

I'm thinking we have enough data to calculate the outcomes death rate in SA. It seems much lower than in other parts of the world which is closer to 20%. This will of course increase...

(206 / (206 + 4357)) * 100 = 4.5%

LD50

It was a good idea. The details of the regulations are getting stupid though. No ecommerce? Really?
But one. This thing can only be contained via a vaccine. That's the short end of it.

biometrics

I'm sure, it's a large family of viruses. Quite a few make people sick with colds
Don't hold your breath for a vaccine, it's unlikely. But a drug cocktail is likely to reduce it from a killer to a hassle.