Electric Vehicles (EV)

biometrics

Last edited:

Sinbad

Considered it, as it is one of only two under R1m in SA (now one, BMW EOL) but the claimed 215 km (actual less) is really poor for a large country like SA. Could I drive from Melkbos to Stellenbosch (maybe) or Hermanus (no) and back?
The car I've ordered should do about 250 miles given the right driving style.
I will have a 7kw charger at home, car has a 68kwh battery so probably 9-10 hours for a 0-100 charge, overnight. For longer trips, there are quite a lot of very fast chargers around on major routes now. Car can take I think 130kw, for a 0-80% charge in just over half an hour, so plug in, grab a coffee or some food, and come back to another 200 or so miles of range. Not too terrible I think...

While I was researching, I was shocked at how crap the minis were!
Car comes in at about 31k gbp. Can't believe the mini is more than that. Crazy.

Düber

Johnatan56

The MG4 is 27-31k EUR here, an actually "affordable" electric car, 350/450km range.

SauRoN

I’m watching the Kia EV6 GT local pricing very keenly.

Yes I’m sure it will be quite astronomical but at least you’ll know you are buying one of the fastest cars on earth for comparatively little money.

May just consider it as an option to go on residual/balloon for the first time ever if there is a GFV deal and I can just give it back once done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

biometrics

I’m watching the Kia EV6 GT local pricing very keenly.

Yes I’m sure it will be quite astronomical but at least you’ll know you are buying one of the fastest cars on earth for comparatively little money.

May just consider it as an option to go on residual/balloon for the first time ever if there is a GFV deal and I can just give it back once done.

It shares the platform with the Hyundai Ioniq 5, which I am keen on but I'll take which ever is availabe first at a "reasonable" price. Probably going to touch R1m.

Will make up for the price with free "fuel".

SauRoN

It shares the platform with the Hyundai Ioniq 5, which I am keen on but I'll take which ever is availabe first at a "reasonable" price. Probably going to touch R1m.

Will make up for the price with free "fuel".

If it comes in at or under 1m it will actually be quite a bargain for the GT.

SauRoN

I'm thinking base model though. Not sure what the GT offers extra.

We will only be getting the GT.

It’s the fastest Kia ever made and it has literally everything.

biometrics

We will only be getting the GT.

It’s the fastest Kia ever made and it has literally everything.

Yeah, so crazy EV prices. The only damn car I'll pay R1.3m for is an ICE Land Cruiser 300.

Last edited: