WTF do I need to read the forum with tappitalk? Any other option?

biometrics

Xenforo works so well on mobile that I've ditched Tapatalk. Just use your browser, it really is very good.

Bandit

I just use a browser. Fine for me
This, except the bloody popup that comes up everytime I access the site on mobile is annoying. For some reason it doesn't save my preference of never wanting to use Tapatalk ever.

biometrics

This, except the bloody popup that comes up everytime I access the site on mobile is annoying. For some reason it doesn't save my preference of never wanting to use Tapatalk ever.
If you uninstall Tapatalk it won't ask...

SauRoN

Maybe back in the day of earlier forum software Tapatalk had a place, now it's just clumsy and ugly compared to modern forum software like xenforo.

Its so simple looking it's as if it was designed for special needs people.

It’s because it’s simple that I love it.

Strips out all the padding and bullshit and only shows me the content.

Also makes the forums uniform across the board.

I wouldn’t use forums at all anymore if it wasn’t for Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdrianH

It’s because it’s simple that I love it.

Strips out all the padding and bullshit and only shows me the content.

Also makes the forums uniform across the board.

I wouldn’t use forums at all anymore if it wasn’t for Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you also running Pro version?

I see I bought in 2013 for $1.02 before it went free. When it went free, they grandfathered my account to VIP.

I installed standard Tapatalk and upon logging in, it basically told me my VIP had expired and I would need to pay to get it back. I was changed to a lighthouse icon which mean I purchased previously which I think means I can use Tapatalk Pro which is as free and slimmed down.

I agree though, standard dark theme across all forums along with central single app to access them all is great.

Reactions: Y2K

AdrianH

@OCP

I see you have Lighthouse and VIP icon. Is there a reason you paid for VIP when you were grandfathered from your original app purchase? Are there any additional benefits to be VIP along with Lighthouse?