WTF do I need to read the forum with tappitalk? Any other option?

OCP

@OCP

I see you have Lighthouse and VIP icon. Is there a reason you paid for VIP when you were grandfathered from your original app purchase? Are there any additional benefits to be VIP along with Lighthouse?
Yeah, have been using tapatalk since my first smartphone many years ago.

As I frequent quite a few forums I find Tapatalk much easier as it consolidates them into 1 easy to use interface when on my mobile.

Paying for VIP as I don't like ads ;-)

Nb. At work and home I will use the browser as my primary for the forums I check in regularly. Tapatalk is convenient when on the move as I can with a few taps check for new posts/messages/etc.

AdrianH

Yeah, have been using tapatalk since my first smartphone many years ago.

As I frequent quite a few forums I find Tapatalk much easier as it consolidates them into 1 easy to use interface when on my mobile.

Paying for VIP as I don't like ads ;-)

Nb. At work and home I will use the browser as my primary for the forums I check in regularly. Tapatalk is convenient when on the move as I can with a few taps check for new posts/messages/etc.

You should be able to use Tapatalk Pro which is also ad free. It's only for the platform you bought it for though. So I bought Android version back on the day, so it's the only pro version I can use.

Tapatalk VIP is across all apps as it is tied to account.

So if you only subscribe for ad free, maybe look at Tapatalk Pro, save some bucks.

Reactions: OCP

SauRoN

Are you also running Pro version?

I see I bought in 2013 for $1.02 before it went free. When it went free, they grandfathered my account to VIP.

I installed standard Tapatalk and upon logging in, it basically told me my VIP had expired and I would need to pay to get it back. I was changed to a lighthouse icon which mean I purchased previously which I think means I can use Tapatalk Pro which is as free and slimmed down.

I agree though, standard dark theme across all forums along with central single app to access them all is great.

It says so right there in my signature. :)

I just wish they could make Dark Mode sync with the OS. Such a small but crucial feature.

Dark Mode is for....the fucking dark.

Sent from my iPhone

sand_man

Unusable for me right now. Wtf is going on with this app? Half the subscribed to forums update and run perfectly fine but half don't and it seems to be all the SA forums! Anyone else experiencing similar? On Android. Issue doesn't seem to effect ios.

Reactions: Y2K

biometrics

Unusable for me right now. Wtf is going on with this app? Half the subscribed to forums update and run perfectly fine but half don't and it seems to be all the SA forums! Anyone else experiencing similar? On Android. Issue doesn't seem to effect ios.

Recently it was an issue on iOS. Seems to sort itself out after a few hours.