Welcome new members!!!

Textile Guy

We're not in competition with other forums but it is good to have some measure of progress.

Currently we're approaching 10% of the active users of mybb. :D

The percentage to watch is the douche bag OP(DBOP) ratio ......

OP : DBOP ratio of 2:1 becomes a problem, because more ego, more arguments, more bullshit, = less enjoyment.
Upto 50% has entertainment value with popcorn, but more than that, the place gets smelly.
Egotistical shit is the worst, the stains are quite hard to remove.

biometrics

Will try and remember that.

@biometrics - perhaps we should have a resource thread where people can put their specialities in - the things they can do that others may want help with. I know a lot of people here have expertise on various subjects and perhaps even own their own businesses. It could help you grow your community.

/reflects that this is the wrong place to put that suggestion.
Sounds good. But what format does it take? Just a thread where you can introduce yourself if you have skills you'd like to share?

Tribs

Sounds good. But what format does it take? Just a thread where you can introduce yourself if you have skills you'd like to share?
Mmmm that could become a pain to search through. Perhaps make categories / threads. Like Home improvement. IT, Security, Software or something like that. There may only be a few posts in the beginning but I am sure it will grow. I mean there are people who do accounting as a job but might be able to help people with their Tax returns after hours, someone who can do handyman work on weekends.... I sometimes get clients asking if we design websites. We don't - but could send them here to find someone who does.

Tribs

If it is physical labour- they will need to say the areas they operate in. No good contacting someone in CT if the work in is Jo'burg

I currently need someone who can fix a ceiling board that is sagging. I have no idea where to start looking. So perhaps also create a thread we can put what we need in. Like a Looking For: thread. If we have no people who can do the job - perhaps someone has a contact that can.

biometrics

If it is physical labour- they will need to say the areas they operate in. No good contacting someone in CT if the work in is Jo'burg

I currently need someone who can fix a ceiling board that is sagging. I have no idea where to start looking. So perhaps also create a thread we can put what we need in. Like a Looking For: thread. If we have no people who can do the job - perhaps someone has a contact that can.
We need a template. Want to make one?

Tribs

We need a template. Want to make one?
Oooh I have not designed for a forum before. I can put the idea together but will need help in turning it into something useable. But yes - I will do it. In the morning. Going to eat supper and then game a bit. Friends are keen on a drinking CS again.
/you can see the drinking has begun already

Johnatan56

Will try and remember that.

@biometrics - perhaps we should have a resource thread where people can put their specialities in - the things they can do that others may want help with. I know a lot of people here have expertise on various subjects and perhaps even own their own businesses. It could help you grow your community.

/reflects that this is the wrong place to put that suggestion.
/spams report for off topic. :p