Weather !

beans100

Windy as hell, here in the Cape Winelands. I believe Hurricane Katrina is just a few minutes away......shit, think I should go check, I think I just saw my dog flying by the window........

spiderz

Because of that I was just on the roof trying to patch a few leaky spots :mad:

beans100

Windy as hell, here in the Cape Winelands. I believe Hurricane Katrina is just a few minutes away......shit, think I should go check, I think I just saw my dog flying by the window........
Jir, the wind is even worse, this morning. Driving to work was scary, felt like the wind is going to pick up my car. Luckily I didn't take the bike, otherwise I would've been a gonner.

Grouter

Warm sunny and northerly wind here in Sedgefield. I'm watching for avo's falling from our tree.

Sinbad

Yay my 700kg anthracite delivery arrived just in time
Saturday is going to be nipply

biometrics

Yay my 700kg anthracite delivery arrived just in time
Saturday is going to be nipply
Never used it, does it burn similar to coal? I recall having a coal (or maybe it was that stuff) heater when I was very young.

Geoff.D

Never used it, does it burn similar to coal? I recall having a coal (or maybe it was that stuff) heater when I was very young.
Anthracite is coal, a very high-quality coal:

Anthracite, often referred to as hard coal, is a hard, compact variety of coal that has a submetallic luster. It has the highest carbon content, the fewest impurities, and the highest energy density of all types of coal and is the highest ranking of coals.
Source: Wikipedia

Sinbad

Anthracite is coal, a very high-quality coal:
What Jefe said. Heater basically runs 24x7 unless you let it die by choking on ash. Takes a bit of experimentation to get it right. Killed it last night by letting it run too hot.