Threadkiller

Venomous

I wish my constitution was that good. I don't get sick often - but I do get sick. But lockdown has been good for my immunity so far.
Maybe you being saved from getting ill, currently, has been able to give your body a rest chance and it can be stronger going forward.

Tribs

My biggest problem is fungus/fungi of any kind.

Starts with a terrible sneeze and instant epic nose burn . Then I take allergy stuff and leave.

Yes, if your shower has little/lots black/grey/whatever spots I can't visit or very short visit if I take meds. Same if you have a slow water leak in kitchen as mold starts to form with time.

I've had people intentionally cough in my face (they think it's funny) and still seldom that I get flu from that. Bronchitus - last had in 2005, and only cause I was stupid.
I USE to smoke. And even then I was not prone to snot illness.

I am allergic to penicillin and antibiotics, as they are pretty much derived from antibiots. Meaning I can only be treated symptomaticly.
Appendix out, no antibiotics used.

The closest I get to antibiotcs is pure unheated and untreated raw honey. Which I'm happy to eat on a spoon.
Wow - mold and fungi are so common. The world is dangerous for you.

Venomous

Wow - mold and fungi are so common. The world is dangerous for you.
I am seldom ill. If I don't remove myself from the place or get the problem cleared it can affect my lungs, and I cannot let that happen as I cannot use antibiotics to help clear it. Thankfully to get that it takes a fair bit of exposure.

Tribs

I am seldom ill. If I don't remove myself from the place or get the problem cleared it can affect my lungs, and I cannot let that happen as I cannot use antibiotics to help clear it. Thankfully to get that it takes a fair bit of exposure.
That is good at least. I am lucky in that I am not sensitive to antibiotics.
we struggle with black mold in the shower. Have tried everything but it keeps coming back. Any suggestions ?

biometrics

we struggle with black mold in the shower. Have tried everything but it keeps coming back. Any suggestions ?

Venomous

Clean with bleach solution 50/50, thick bleach and water. Let it dry well.
Depending on the state of the tiling it either needs to be re-grouted after a great clean and air dry, or tiling needs to be redone starting with water proofing under.
Where there is paint like ceiling (and walls if not tiled all the way up, in bathroom ) paint it with Kitchen and Bathroom paint that contains anti-fungal agents. We used KB sheen (not PVA, not emamel, but washable) from paint master as it has a 5 year warranty.

If you have that mold also check wall/cupboards on otherside(s) of shower.

Once all good clean at least once a week with anti mold shower cleaner or bleach water mix (can be weaker if used as prevention), but be careful of your clothes. That's why I rather use the shop bought stuff.

And you can laugh:
I use hand wash clothing powder mixed with very little powder/lots water ration to wash the floors.

Tribs

Clean with bleach solution 50/50, thick bleach and water. Let it dry well.
Depending on the state of the tiling it either needs to be re-grouted after a great clean and air dry, or tiling needs to be redone starting with water proofing under.
Where there is paint like ceiling (and walls if not tiled all the way up, in bathroom ) paint it with Kitchen and Bathroom paint that contains anti-fungal agents. We used KB sheen (not PVA, not emamel, but washable) from paint master as it has a 5 year warranty.

If you have that mold also check wall/cupboards on otherside(s) of shower.

Once all good clean at least once a week with anti mold shower cleaner or bleach water mix (can be weaker if used as prevention), but be careful of your clothes. That's why I rather use the shop bought stuff.

And you can laugh:
I use hand wash clothing powder mixed with very little powder/lots water ration to wash the floors.
Thanks I will definitely try that.

That is interesting about the floor wash. Do you have tiles ?

biometrics

I will also try this - thanks
It has a strong ammonia smell so use in a well ventilated space. It kills it instantly (well a few minutes) and clears it up literally before your eyes. If it's well black and thick will require a few sprays 10 minutes apart.

Be careful not to get any on your clothes as it will kill the dye where it touches. Also beware when you close the nozzle as you'll have a drop on your fingertips, don't touch any clothes until you was your hands.

Tribs

It has a strong ammonia smell so use in a well ventilated space. It kills it instantly (well a few minutes) and clears it up literally before your eyes. If it's well black and thick will require a few sprays 10 minutes apart.

Be careful not to get any on your clothes as it will kill the dye where it touches. Also beware when you close the nozzle as you'll have a drop on your fingertips, don't touch any clothes until you was your hands.
Thanks for the warnings - will be careful