Threadkiller

Spizz

I thought it was absolute crap, a completely unrealistic soap opera cop show.

I wasn't able to watch a single complete episode, tried a number of times and switched over to watch some paint drying which was hugely more entertaining.

You can’t please everyone I guess. But it’s easily the most popular show to come out of the U.K. for years, and the 8.7 rating on IMDb back that up I’d say.

Seldom Bucket

Most has gone from pirating to a paying streaming service, but all this shit starting again that networks have where it's exclusive has just got the pirate hats back on

LD50

So I was added to a whatsapp group today and some of the guys were talking about mistakes they've made in emails.

One dude said one of his employees' mother died a while ago. In an email to the employee he wrote, "So sorry to hear about this, how cold was she?"
Another one ended a mail with "Kind Retards"

Dave

Iirc that's not the first time your and @Spizz's media taste has differed.

True, I really dislike the majority of the new UK cop series, it’s all got to be politically correct, it’s got to be soap opera based with stupid personal story lines, and it’s got to be completely unrealistic, I mean Line of Duty makes the USA police and criminals look mediocre.

As an example, recent episode of Line of Duty the criminals are cruising around in identical black Range Rovers, all windows blacked out, all carrying heavy weaponry like assault rifles and ambushing armed police convoys with apparently explosive stinger stop sticks that cause vehicles to roll when the stop sticks “explode” in the tyres. Then the CID officer hero (carrying a sidearm??) shoots a criminal sniper in a building across the street through the head at an improbable distance.

That was about five minutes of an episode last week or the week before. Completely unrealistic crap, the only way to describe it.

This is supposed to be in the UK where organised crime groups pay gunsmiths to turn blank firer starter pistols into something that might fire just to have a firearm…

Spizz

Lack of a TV license may be an issue?

Hahahahahaha, wait, you’re being serious?

Dude, you just have to click the YES button and you’re in. Even we watch iPlayer most evenings using our smart dns settings.

Spizz

True, I really dislike the majority of the new UK cop series, it’s all got to be politically correct, it’s got to be soap opera based with stupid personal story lines, and it’s got to be completely unrealistic, I mean Line of Duty makes the USA police and criminals look mediocre.

As an example, recent episode of Line of Duty the criminals are cruising around in identical black Range Rovers, all windows blacked out, all carrying heavy weaponry like assault rifles and ambushing armed police convoys with apparently explosive stinger stop sticks that cause vehicles to roll when the stop sticks “explode” in the tyres. Then the CID officer hero (carrying a sidearm??) shoots a criminal sniper in a building across the street through the head at an improbable distance.

That was about five minutes of an episode last week or the week before. Completely unrealistic crap, the only way to describe it.

This is supposed to be in the UK where organised crime groups pay gunsmiths to turn blank firer starter pistols into something that might fire just to have a firearm…

Sounds to me like you are overthinking things. The operative word in these things is “drama”.

Although I must admit that scene was a bit OTT it’s not typical of the show.

Spizz

Most has gone from pirating to a paying streaming service, but all this shit starting again that networks have where it's exclusive has just got the pirate hats back on

BBC have a streaming catch up model where they keep a show on the iplayer for 30 days. But when they have a new series of a popular show such as line of duty, they pull the back episodes from Netflix and show them all on the iplayer to allow people to watch them all from the beginning if they want.

Seldom Bucket

BBC have a streaming catch up model where they keep a show on the iplayer for 30 days. But when they have a new series of a popular show such as line of duty, they pull the back episodes from Netflix and show them all on the iplayer to allow people to watch them all from the beginning if they want.
I will sign up for BBC iPlayer. Mostly watch UK shows anyway