The Faniebraai Braai thread

Mortymoose

Guys!Guys! A blast of hot air rolled in off the desert for a brief mo......
I have a full 12 hour shift today, Buy by ye God Fanus,I will drink a few cold ones in the dark next to my fire this nicht', I have a hankering for a couple of choice free range Namib Lamb chops with a couple of brews Bru's..........

This is this morning's braai mood setter.....

Mortymoose

Does the vegetable side of the family eat figs? I know some vegans don't.

:LOL:, It matters not, at Work, The Butchery Manager said he ain't gonna attempt it as , "Dis a Afrikaanse tradisie Skilpaadjies en ek gaan dit nie op naai nie met al daai Engelse Soutjie kak!" ,

To which I explained, "That's why you Dutchmen are never gonna progress, stuck in you old verkrampte ways, the world is changing around you...."

Needless to say, the 3rd Boer War has just broken out in my office and all over a fuckin' tortoise.....

o_O

GreGorGy

:LOL:, It matters not, at Work, The Butchery Manager said he ain't gonna attempt it as , "Dis a Afrikaanse tradisie Skilpaadjies en ek gaan dit nie op naai nie met al daai Engelse Soutjie kak!" ,

To which I explained, "That's why you Dutchmen are never gonna progress, stuck in you old verkrampte ways, the world is changing around you...."

Needless to say, the 3rd Boer War has just broken out in my office and all over a fuckin' tortoise.....

o_O

Camembert is a french cheese and treating it with fig is more a dutch inclination that anything else. The french love for strong flavours combined with the dutch sweet tooth is a the foundation of Afrikaner cuisine, that culture being a portmanteau of early dutch and french settlers. Not only is he wrong but he is denying himself the joys of his own heritage - your war provocation is therefore justified. Kick his ass.

Mortymoose

Camembert is a french cheese and treating it with fig is more a dutch inclination that anything else. The french love for strong flavours combined with the dutch sweet tooth is a the foundation of Afrikaner cuisine, that culture being a portmanteau of early dutch and french settlers. Not only is he wrong but he is denying himself the joys of his own heritage - your war provocation is therefore justified. Kick his ass.

Well Said, this dick is trying to defend your statement and getting his tongue in a twist......... no doubt after a few stiff brannerwyns and at some ungodly hour he will phone me with a counter argument..... :)

Mortymoose

So he says to me....
"Ek gaan nie vir almal maak nie,maar as jy soek ek sal n plan maak", before leaving the office...

Three hour later he rocked up with pepper balls........... "Do these look right?" , he enquired.....

"My Fok, what happened to the Skilpaadtjies?...", I stammered whilst staring at the six pepper balls.....

"Just busy trying other things....miskien later......", came the answer.....

;)

Mortymoose

what the hell are those @Mortymoose ? do you braai them? whats inside?

Up here in the Namib we have these Giant Desert Tortoises that are a nuisance around the place, often holding up the rush hour traffic, we also do not like to waste any part of an animal when we work them through the butchery, so when we make skilpaadtjies from those desert dwelling tortoises, we take their balls and roll them in pepper....

It's quite a delicacy up around these parts.... :unsure:

bokka1

Whilst scouring the World Wide Web, I happened apon.......

View attachment 1928

I immediately sent a WA to the Butchery Manager, let's see if he has time........ ;)
So The Afrikaans speaking butcher buggered off home for the weekend, I find on my desk.....

View attachment 1981

NOT A Fuckin' Skilpaadtjie to be seen anywhere...... Pepperballs as far as the eye can see...... :cautious:

Those skilpadjies look amazing and I will definitely buy it if I have the opportunity.

Tell you butcher that I am a boer and he must make it for us. That is a boer order.

Those pepperballs look like Lemingtons or something. Frikadelle rolled in pepper?

Y2K

Second last braai I do in this place, sitting here staring into the fire makes me think of my future, where the world currently is and how long this lockdown is going to affect the rest of my life, maybe I'm just a bit tired huh?
IMG_20200515_175648.jpg

Mortymoose

Those skilpadjies look amazing and I will definitely buy it if I have the opportunity.

Tell you butcher that I am a boer and he must make it for us. That is a boer order.

Those pepperballs look like Lemingtons or something. Frikadelle rolled in pepper?

My Butcher is one of those hard nosed Namakwalander types, so good luck with that, he is liable to phone me at 01H00 in the morning in a drunken stupor about those blerrie Skilpaadtjies, I will nevertheless work on him next week.....

Yep, the pepperballs are basically meatballs, with assorted spices and then rolled in Peppercorns , the spice they use is the trick as it has binding properties and keeps the meat tightly packed......