The Chat Room

Arzy

Good lawd...been cooking all day now. Decided to prep meals for the next week so that there's always something available to quickly toss together if the offspring is hungry.

I've managed to do:

Base tomato sauce for a bolognaise or a gravy
Onion broth that can serve as a stock or as is over noodles
Chicken frikkadels for a quick heat up and eat snack
Individually frozen fruit for smoothies or to combine into a sorbet
Carrots as those are the only cooked veg other than potato that he can eat

Still need to make a mayonnaise and may as well do some meringue with the egg whites for something sweet but that's tomorrow's issue.

Almost time to start dinner.

Düber

Good lawd...been cooking all day now. Decided to prep meals for the next week so that there's always something available to quickly toss together if the offspring is hungry.

I've managed to do:

Base tomato sauce for a bolognaise or a gravy
Onion broth that can serve as a stock or as is over noodles
Chicken frikkadels for a quick heat up and eat snack
Individually frozen fruit for smoothies or to combine into a sorbet
Carrots as those are the only cooked veg other than potato that he can eat

Still need to make a mayonnaise and may as well do some meringue with the egg whites for something sweet but that's tomorrow's issue.

Almost time to start dinner.
Yes it's so tricky cooking such special meals.

When my daughter was still a baby she was constantly breaking out in rashes all over, we eventually found out she was allergic to dairy and even the smallest amount would set it off.
Thankfully she outgrew it but those were difficult times.

Yours is a lot more serious and difficult but it looks like you have under it control and watching them getting and feeling better is worth it.

biometrics

Yes it's so tricky cooking such special meals.

When my daughter was still a baby she was constantly breaking out in rashes all over, we eventually found out she was allergic to dairy and even the smallest amount would set it off.
Thankfully she outgrew it but those were difficult times.

Yours is a lot more serious and difficult but it looks like you have under it control and watching them getting and feeling better is worth it.
And some issues will remain until you die. I have a snot nose. I know.

Düber

And some issues will remain until you die. I have a snot nose. I know.
Yes we were very lucky with her, we made sure she got no dairy whatsoever until she was 7 and then had her tested and got the all clear.

At home it was fine but the worst was parties, explaining to a 5 or so year old that they can't have the ice cream, cake, chocolates etc. was heartbreaking.

The very day her allergy test came back and she was cleared by the doctor I took her to Milky Lane for the biggest, baddest, chocolate filled ice cream delight that they have.
That was priceless.

Rudolph Hart

The middle kid was allergic to dairy, wheat and sugar. Basically you can’t eat anything, and certainly nothing that tastes good.

scudsucker

Good lord. My 6 year old son woke up this morning with an erection, took off his pants and shouted "en guard!" literally challenging me to a dick fighting contest.

Nicholas

Some mornings my alarm wakes me up and I wonder why it is going off so early on a weekend. Then I realise that it is Monday.

Baxteen

what a lovely weekend.
Friday night watched the hobbit.
SAturday watched the extended cut of fellowship and Two towers.
sunday watched the extended cut of the return of the king.
my best Friend with benefits bought me a "one ring" inspired ring for my Bday.
my GF bought me a wood and black resin ring for my Bday.
so now I have like 7 rings that I can wear. but they all only fit on my left ring finger and are too small for any other finger. so I cant wear multiple rings. and I think that is very funny.

Baxteen

I dont hate AC/DC.
I do think they fucking suck and are not worth all the hype.
Back in black, Highway to hell thunderstruck all sound so similar that you can play one and sing the lyrics to the other and no one would blink.
you can swap lyrics, Drums and Guitar around on any of the songs and it would still sound the same.
and while many bands have a similar sound across all music it is VERY rare that they are that interchangeable.
maybe you can do 2 songs that are interchangeable by one artist but they wont be quite that bad where you can swap out one song's drums with another song's drums and the song still works. and usually guitar or Bass will just completely mess up if you change them. but AC/DC is just one song. everything is just one song.