The Chat Room

biometrics

I have absolutely no faith in any of our scum-of-the-earth political amoebas regardless of what affiliation or values they claim to represent. I feel the same about this category of "person" world wide though. Ours don't even differentiate or excel at being lower than pond scum.

Still going to vote though.

Personal feeling is that you only have the right to complain about, bitch and bad mouth them if you participated in the process.

By not voting you are simply apathetic and you have no choice but to accept and suffer with what you get.

Participating at least gives you an opportunity to be angry about the entire system and how stupid everyone who doesn't agree with your view is.

I'll be voting for the DA as useless as they are.

I want to see the ANC decline but not below a national majority. I say this because I am absolutely 100% convinced that the smaller parties are incapable of even trying to act like adults should they have to form a coalition government. The last thing we can afford is an even less stable government with a new president every couple of weeks because the parties are making deals swapping seats for votes.

And the EFF can go and choke on a donkey.
Split vote is the way to go imo. I might go DA for the WC and Rise Mzansi for National. The new independents might change my mind.

Nicholas

While we were at Mugg and Bean on Saturday morning, someone we know stopped to talk to us. The "When are you getting married?" question came up. Now this a personal question. I know that I don't have to justify myself to anyone on this score. At the same time, I've been contriving scenarios such as this for myself for years, so I probably said more than she expected. 🤪

satanboy

While we were at Mugg and Bean on Saturday morning, someone we know stopped to talk to us. The "When are you getting married?" question came up. Now this a personal question. I know that I don't have to justify myself to anyone on this score. At the same time, I've been contriving scenarios such as this for myself for years, so I probably said more than she expected. 🤪
Must have been an old fart, how stupid.

Nicholas

Perhaps she was hinting at a union ?
Um....with me, you have to be direct. I don't recognise hints. I said that I was confident that I would never marry, described my preferred interactions, and speculated on selection as it applies to human relationships. I added that this was all speculation and that some things might be fun to think about or even to use for scribbling scenes [doodles, ChatGPT] but that dwelling on this sort of thing doesn't do me any good.

I reported our geyser broken on Monday morning. Our house mother forwarded the news to the governing body or whatever the right name for them is. Waiting for someone to come and attend to the the problem. In the meantime, I'm cooling myself down with lukewarm to cold showers, drying by evaporation and then slowly applying body lotion in my room. Soothing. :)