The Chat Room

Sonikku

I'll be voting. Because I still have family and friends there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Good for you. I, on the other hand, do not support politics so I will not be partaking. Both the ANC and the DA can go get fucked. The DA especially more so- with their old NP mentality.

biometrics

Good for you. I, on the other hand, do not support politics so I will not be partaking. Both the ANC and the DA can go get fucked. The DA especially more so- with their old NP mentality.
By not voting you are effectively giving the DA half a vote as the WC incumbent by not countering another DA vote. You could vote for Rise Mzansi (or whoever, I'm intrigued by this new party of non politicians) and then you take a vote away from the DA.

So doing nothing is actually doing something, just not what you wanted it to be.

Last edited:

Sonikku

By not voting you are effectively giving the DA half a vote as the WC incumbent by not countering another DA vote. You could vote for Rise Mzansi (or whoever, I'm intrigued by this new party of non politicians) and then you take a vote away from the DA.
I am not taking a vote or anything away from anyone. The ANC and the DA do as they please regardless so they can go suck a tailpipe. As long as they stay the fuck out of my way and out of my personal life then that's fine. I can't get them out of my life completely because of obvious reasons such as utilities but I think its time I use my brain and work out the means to send them the strongest possible middle finger I can

Tribs

I believe strongly that one needs to vote. Even scribbling over the vote form is better than staying away. Staying away just tells them you don't care enough to vote - destroying the ballot tells them that you are pissed off and not in favour of any of the options.

Nicholas

See anything you like ?
They have certain items [such as adaptors and cables] that are better bought locally so as to avoid spending a disproportionate amount of money on courier fees. I like to know about what I can get locally. So far as replacing hardware is concerned, it is usually cheaper for me to order what I need online.

There is another computer shop further along the road that I prefer on account of the fact that they show what they have in stock on their website. i bought thermal paste there to weekends ago when I wanted to reseat my CPU cooler.

Sonikku

I believe strongly that one needs to vote. Even scribbling over the vote form is better than staying away. Staying away just tells them you don't care enough to vote - destroying the ballot tells them that you are pissed off and not in favour of any of the options
So taking along a fat marker and writing "FUCK YOU ALL" all over the paper should do it

Nicholas

So taking along a fat marker and writing "FUCK YOU ALL" all over the paper should do it
Make an occasion of it and take along some glitter glue, pastels, and stickers. :p
Also superglue, duct tape and a stapler. You don't get to express yourself creatively this way that often, so make the most of it.

1707121805306.png

scudsucker

So doing nothing is actually doing something, just not what you wanted it to be
This is factually and statiscally untrue.

A non vote is exactly and only that. A registered voter who has chosen not to vote.

There are no "effective half votes"

If I choose not to vote, all that is happening is that the pool of voters is reduced by one. If I was thinking to vote ANC, and I abstain, that is one less for them, but does not affect the vote count, which only accounts for people who do actually vote.

biometrics

This is factually and statiscally untrue.

A non vote is exactly and only that. A registered voter who has chosen not to vote.

There are no "effective half votes"

If I choose not to vote, all that is happening is that the pool of voters is reduced by one. If I was thinking to vote ANC, and I abstain, that is one less for them, but does not affect the vote count, which only accounts for people who do actually vote.
Let me give you an example:

In the local government election in 2018 (?) though I dislike the DA I like how they run the Cape. I could have voted for another party costing the incumbent DA a cancelling vote, or not vote. I chose not to vote that year (for the first time) and effectively gave the DA half a vote as I did not vote against them.

Might not make sense to you but it does to me.

Last edited:

Sinbad

If this came with the possibility that politics would fuck off then it would be a valid argument.

However, you're stuck with it so you need to vote for the least of the evils

Sonikku

If this came with the possibility that politics would fuck off then it would be a valid argument.

However, you're stuck with it so you need to vote for the least of the evils

My Pentel marker will have its time to shine this year

Arzy

I have absolutely no faith in any of our scum-of-the-earth political amoebas regardless of what affiliation or values they claim to represent. I feel the same about this category of "person" world wide though. Ours don't even differentiate or excel at being lower than pond scum.

Still going to vote though.

Personal feeling is that you only have the right to complain about, bitch and bad mouth them if you participated in the process.

By not voting you are simply apathetic and you have no choice but to accept and suffer with what you get.

Participating at least gives you an opportunity to be angry about the entire system and how stupid everyone who doesn't agree with your view is.

I'll be voting for the DA as useless as they are.

I want to see the ANC decline but not below a national majority. I say this because I am absolutely 100% convinced that the smaller parties are incapable of even trying to act like adults should they have to form a coalition government. The last thing we can afford is an even less stable government with a new president every couple of weeks because the parties are making deals swapping seats for votes.

And the EFF can go and choke on a donkey.