The Chat Room

scudsucker

That must have been painful.. working for Satan's spawn
They never cancelled my free Showmax, so that's OK. Not that I watch Showmax, but my kids do. I probably still have free DSTV, but I do not have a set-top box or any interest in watching it.

In the software dept, it was not really Satan's spawn, there were a bunch of cool people. doing pretty cool stuff. Management, on the other hand was not.

satanboy

1706780271422.png
Pringle Bay Residents/Homeowners: Evacuation in progress in Caesar and surrounding roads, due to flare-ups.
Assembly point Kleinmond Town Hall

EADC

@EADC did you know about this?

Yes I did actually see it, I have not don't it yet.

I actually looked into it earlier in the year.

I know they did something at the consulate as well but I missed that one.

But thanks for the reminder I need to do it.

biometrics

I'm probably being harsh, but I also didn't leave South Africa to find other South Africans kinda defeats the point.
I understand that you get suburbs in Perth which are dominant Saffers?

How many of the MyBB posters are still in SA?

So yeah I get it.

satanboy

1706855650030.png
Lemons are not man-made; they're a natural hybrid of citrons and bitter oranges, resulting from centuries of plant evolution.

Sonikku

Also Helluva Boss.
Although I am very partial to animated stuff in general, that particular show did not sit well with me. IDK, probably because of the implicit "furry fandom association vibe" I get. Either way I have preferences, I pretty much prefer things that either don't appeal to that subculture or things they don't have time or inclination to pervert.

Sonikku

I'm probably being harsh, but I also didn't leave South Africa to find other South Africans kinda defeats the point.
Yes, many people have told me that they chose to go work in places further afield in New Zealand, away from the usual "hotspots" like Wellington, because the places are full of old people, bitter and really upset about South Africa and will proceed every day to say something about how the ANC ruined the country. Yet most if not all have revoked their citizenship. They live boring and uninteresting lives because life is not really as idyllic as it is portrayed to be in NZ. There's a lot of problems there and things we take for granted in SA are hard to come by. New Zealand is about as interesting as a cardboard box- there's FUCK ALL to do there.

So instead of moaning about New Zealand, and/or admitting it was a mistake to leave SA in the first place, they will moan to anyone who listens.
The same thing happens in the hotspots in Perth too, lots of bitter, sour expatriates. That's why I don't go there anymore and told my family they can rather come and visit me and I just have to endure their moaning, and not that of Mrs Volschenk at her Perth coffee shop where she whines every day about "die k*****s het SA opgefok, fok Mandela, fok FW De Klerk" while the patrons don't understand a word she's saying.