The Chat Room

satanboy

Dunno, was told that by a friend that had it before that warned me not to try pop it.
I have had many popped by my mother and doctors. Never died (I think).

I think it's best to get the puss out because if it comes out while you are sleeping it's a mess...🤮

biometrics

I have had many popped by my mother and doctors. Never died (I think).

I think it's best to get the puss out because if it comes out while you are sleeping it's a mess...🤮
I’m referring to a swelling under/in-deep the skin that can’t be popped, requires a Dr to cut it open. Had two of those over the years, one on my upper arm and once on my cheek.

Tribs

Boils are usually caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (staph infection). These painful skin abscesses result from bacteria infecting a hair follicle. They commonly occur on the face, neck, armpits, buttocks, and thighs, but can appear anywhere on your body.
Hubby had one on his buttock. Had to have it cut out and was in pain for a very long time.

Sinbad

I’m referring to a swelling under/in-deep the skin that can’t be popped, requires a Dr to cut it open. Had two of those over the years, one on my upper arm and once on my cheek.
There's a program on TV here called Dr pimple popper.

I have not managed to watch a single complete episode...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Nicholas

- Employees, and people in general: resources, aka slaves, means to an end.
Agreed. I was asked to check a document at work and pointed out that being called a thing, a resource, something to be exploited then discarded felt dehumanising. [and they talk about loyalty?]

Sonikku

that is fantastic.
you are the first person I have ever had this kind of conversation with that did not start with a selfish reason for having a child as the main reason. "taking care of me when I am old"
"so my legacy can live on after I die"

those are the reason I hear the most and I think both of those are selfish and should not be a primary reason.
I am sure it was just semantics but if you had a daughter would you have felt the same?
Yip I would feel the same.
I have to take care of myself when I am old. I learnt the lesson from my parents and their shit.
Leaving a legacy, raises the question, what legacy? My legacy is left behind in the Linux kernel and other things I work on. That's where it's at. Not through my child. My child has his own ideas, he will make a mark on the world in his own way. I am just the parent, the support structure, the teacher.

Sonikku

Makes you think of Human Resources in a new light.
After I read an article online a few months ago, I definitely see them in a different light. But then again it was inevitable, considering the HR department at my current gig have consistently ignored me as in ghosting me. I put this fact into the current performance review that is probably not going to mean anything soon.

In any event, the new company made me an offer on Friday and I'd be stupid not to take it. I am going to tell them though I can start on 1 April. I need two months notice (they were kind of hinting that it would take that long in the interviews anyway- new manager spoke of his experiences at past companies.) I don't want to burn a bridge with my current manager, ineffective as he is, he's a nice guy and I don't think he deserves me being an arsehole. For the rest, however, no fucks left to give.

This is going to be an interesting move, because, I hold too many keys to the kingdom right now, and transferring that knowledge has proven to be difficult in the past when I attempted to do so. I can foresee being kept on as a "consultant" to help them get their heads around all the systems I built- they wanted to do that when I thought I was emigrating, so let's see.