The Chat Room

Venomous

Not sure whether the RAM is compatible with the motherboard. Apparently that is a thing. Who would have thunk?
Most motherboards have a QVL for RAM. Once upon a time i bought all the bits, built a nice PC. And then I cried and cried. Not really, but I was mighty unhappy. Then I did some reading, turned out the best 3 RAM types for that board was not available in ZA. Was before crucial became available locally. I ended up having to import 2 pairs of mated RAM sets. Yip they had to stay in order and go in set slots. Swop them and it’s bad again. Then that PC ran like a dream! So yeah, higher spec boards always look up the RAM QVL. Just coz a manufacturer makes both the board and the RAM, it doesn’t mean that the components will be a perfect match. But! There are also more forgiving boards and RAM, if all else fails, go for a safer combo

Venomous

I got prices from local shops. Over-priced, in my opinion. The one that provides AM4 boards could only offer me an MSI B450M Pro. R1299, but too severely cut down, and no guarantee that I am going to be able to run a 5000-series Ryzen on that. They wanted R3700-odd for a 5600G, and R5999 for a 5700X! The other place quoted me nearly R9000 for an i3 13100F, B760 motherboard, and 16Gb RAM!
Have you looked at first shop? Online store. Now that I think about that… as I’m registered as a dealer, there is some reward I could get some rewards… 😂

Its also the same company that has the contract for the ZA online dell store. Meaning you order dell online first shop’s holding company does the invoicing and delivers. Found that out about a month ago. I ordered something from first shop and 2 days later I helped a client order from Dell. When they got the email invoice I couldn’t help but laugh

sometimes first shop is cheaper than the std pricing at the big suppliers (when you are not ordering 1000 + units of one item)

Venomous

I have taken at least 10 flights this year alone
I hate flying. 1mg Ativan SL every 2-3 hours *(international) or ctn-Jhb, when most are seated. It goes under the tongue and works well! It is schedule 5, coz I often fly dr gives me a script for 30, and I go back to him for more. Now I don’t sit and panic the entire flight. Still can’t sleep but can focus on movies or reading.

Sonikku

I hate flying. 1mg Ativan SL every 2-3 hours *(international) or ctn-Jhb, when most are seated. It goes under the tongue and works well! It is schedule 5, coz I often fly dr gives me a script for 30, and I go back to him for more. Now I don’t sit and panic the entire flight. Still can’t sleep but can focus on movies or reading.
Schedule 5? I thought that stuff was Schedule 6...
your doctor is most generous... we have to pull teeth and beg and plead for repeat scripts here..

Venomous

Schedule 5? I thought that stuff was Schedule 6...
your doctor is most generous... we have to pull teeth and beg and plead for repeat scripts here..
I get the whole bottle of 30. It actually comes in a box and pharmacist stuck the label on the box so you get the details on the bottle. I get 20 on an international flight 10 each way. Then I often fly to Durban or captions once in 3-6weeks. Mostly Capetown though.
I have also been told by an anesthesiologist that my kidneys burn through drugs at an alarming rate, which does aid in post operative recovery(I tend to wake up enroute to the recovery room, often leaving 3-4hrs post op, walking) but makes their job difficult. But that would also explain why I can take 2 tramacet and 2 Celebrex 200mg and still be fully awake. That combo only calmed the pain for 3-4 hours after the meds kicked in (that was post gallbladder removal). So I only took the drugs twice the first day and twice the next. What's the point of taking all that if I can't even sit or lie pain free.
I still have the rest of those. Tramacet was meant to be every 6 hours and Celebrex 8 hours. With a 30 day supply.

Of course mr took that as an opportunity to bitch about me being lazy. I should be cleaning and cooking etc. He can't understand why I'm over exaggerating about pain. It's time I grow up. When I saw dr at 10 days he told me no vacuuming, mopping etc that requires you to use your core to lean over for at least another 6 weeks. 🤣 I got him to write that on a sick note with dates and his signature. I taped it to the fridge!

If they really want to keep me pain free they need to insert S7 drugs through the drip. And they won't give that as take home.

Edit: if you get the Ativan that does not go under the tongue (no SL) then it's less effective. The SL dissolves under the tongue and works in minutes. The swallow tablets must first be absorbed through the tummy. And every time the pharmacists try give me the other, then I'm like no thanks! If I have time they can order it. If I'm in a hurry I get them to look for the nearest branch with stock, then drive there.

Attachments

• DSC_6409~2.JPG
    DSC_6409~2.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_6410.JPG
    DSC_6410.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Venomous

That's why it's pointless I use any recreational drugs. The effects are too short lived or so mild it's considered ineffective.

Last edited:

Venomous

For those that wonder. Smaller than a match head. I seem to recall the bottle costing just under R160 in May.

Attachments

• DSC_6411.JPG
    DSC_6411.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 3

Venomous

I took this at 21:54. Will sleep in the next hour. If I don't take it I don't sleep properly again. Fucking asshat male!

Once again it's schedule 5.

As per dr this stuff induces a natural type sleep and has a very mild antidepressant quality. He says that whatever meds I take it will probably be for a min of 2years. Dr is aware of the problems and to what extent things were done.

Attachments

• DSC_6412~3.JPG
    DSC_6412~3.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 2

Nicholas

Have you looked at first shop? Online store. Now that I think about that… as I’m registered as a dealer, there is some reward I could get some rewards… 😂

Its also the same company that has the contract for the ZA online dell store. Meaning you order dell online first shop’s holding company does the invoicing and delivers. Found that out about a month ago. I ordered something from first shop and 2 days later I helped a client order from Dell. When they got the email invoice I couldn’t help but laugh

sometimes first shop is cheaper than the std pricing at the big suppliers (when you are not ordering 1000 + units of one item)
Would you believe that they even have a branch in East London? Wild, isn't it?

I ordered my bits from Wootware.

1701503037385.png

Sonikku

For those that wonder. Smaller than a match head. I seem to recall the bottle costing just under R160 in May.
Yeah I am familiar with those. Those things give me amnesia and make me useless for the rest of the day. Once only never again!

satanboy

OTP accepted, yay!

But now the difficult part, sellers are difficult so have given us 40 days to sell our house. I believe we can.
Wow! Congrats. Willing to share pics?

Did you make a well-below-asking offer?

Last edited:

Nicholas

I hope that you all have tolerable weekends.

I'm having difficulty keeping my eyes open, so I'm sending myself to bed for a while.

Sinbad

Brrr
f31fbe93057a2b333d94b8062027266c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sonikku

I felt sorry for myself today as my shorts was in the wash and my other pair recently perished.
I wish I succeeded in emigrating.. this is one of the big plus points besides the other obvious ones.
Short summers, long winters, none of this months and months of heat like in SA

biometrics

I wish I succeeded in emigrating.. this is one of the big plus points besides the other obvious ones.
Short summers, long winters, none of this months and months of heat like in SA
Oh I love it, in shorts.