The Chat Room

Nicholas

Uhhhh.
We think about the work?!?
😋😋

If I struggle to focus I move on to something that requires more intense focus, later I go back to the boring stuff.

However when I'm waiting for software to scan or install, or I'm waiting for HDD to clone etc and there isn't any more complex work then I start on my emails or even just read.
Nothing else I can do
It's all the same thing: reading tender advertisements.

Nicholas

This was my order nearly two years ago, prices have come down nicely:

View attachment 38899

I got another 2x8GB RAM earlier this year to total it to 32GB. I noticed it wasn't running at 3200MHz in Task Manager/Performance/Memory/Speed so asked Wootware and they replied as below. I'm not sure if this is relevant with one stick only though, probably. But bottom line is it doesn't run at max until enabled in the BIOS.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. To reach the maximum rated speed of the RAM(3200Mhz in this case), you have to enable XMP/DOCP. The RAM will currently be running at the standard base speed which should be 2133Mhz, I am not sure why there is a difference between the 2 kits but it should not cause issues.

Here is a guide from Asus on how to enable XMP/DOCP - https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042256

If you have trouble with XMP then you could look at updating the motherboard BIOS version. I noticed that the BIOS version in the image you send is a little older.

My mobo has four RAM slots so I went with splitting the sticks for dual channel.
Did you get a cooler with your 5600X?

Motherboard prices have gone nuts.

Last edited:

LD50

LoL,
While we live in a house in a nice area it only has 3 bedrooms. We do not need more. Also don't have a pool. If looking at prices of houses in our area we own the smallest hour on the nicest street in a nice area. Our house is valued at about R1mil less than the next cheapest house. We could have bought for double what we did buy for. But why max out credit. The credit cards are locked in the safe. Besides the fact that there is the bond and municipal charges, we have a few policies, cellphone (I use it for work, don't have an office number.), we each have a clothing account - we buy then pay it straight after. Builds a credit record, but other than that no accounts or credit.
The car I'm driving was bought with the insurance pay out after the mechanic dropped my car off his hoist lift (be that human error or mechanical failure.). I didn't buy new, but the current car is newer than the old car.

So yeah we could get more debt, but we'd end up in trouble if interest rates go up. So no thanks.
If it works for you it works for you. My point was that everybody don't see living the same way. As an example; a couple im familiar with are in retirement. They rented their house out and are camping for the foreseeable future. They picked a few campsites across the country that suites them itm safety, amenities etc. They will generally book for 3 months at a time at a very low cost to them as pensioners. The wife paints and sells the paintings ( not that she needs to ) and the hubby goes fishing ( not that he needs to). But it works for them without putting themselves in harme's way financially. Not that im saying we should go camping, but is the brand new car or the over the top house really important?
South Africans are very status driven, sorry to say, especially up north. Yes the earn the bucks but to what end are they doing it?. You have to question your needs, The old saying qualifies; what I want is not necessarily what I need. Wouldn't you agree at the minimum at least?

Nicholas

Yes, included with the CPU.
We do have some local computer shops here, but I haven't yet tried asking for quotes on a motherboard, RAM, and cpu combo for R8000.00. They are not set up for online shopping, so you have to contact sales to ask for quotes without knowing what hardware they can get. [some of the brands I have not heard of before]. I suppose one could say the same about asking the good people at Wootware to suggest a similar package, though.

scudsucker

Nope all wrong

There are carts that come with coolers and that what the half way house is for to stock up.
WHAT!!!???

I mean, obviously I have been doing golf wrong, but I thought it was de rigeur to carry your own club bag. Caddies are for the middle class, golf carts are for the rich, surely?

The bong-smoking, beer drinking, green fees-evading sector of the sport was a thriving community where I grew up.

Arzy

It happens. Our bedroom has this window and on more than one occasion I've been woken up by some dove or something fucking into it.

Apologies for drunken photo.

e6b21674875171de98437a52bcd1540d.jpg

Nicholas

Not sure whether the RAM is compatible with the motherboard. Apparently that is a thing. Who would have thunk?

BloodrayneZA

Not sure whether the RAM is compatible with the motherboard. Apparently that is a thing. Who would have thunk?
Yeah it happens.

I've used PC Builder to check for me, despite checking on the manufacturer's website for the compatibility list. What they didn't have as compatibility was my NVME M2 SSD - I had to go with gut instinct to try it with my new SSD which I bought recently. All I could trust was the fact that it was listed as an NVME M2 PCI-E 3.0 compatibility. I spoke to two of my friends who work in IT to find out if it would work and one said yes it should.

I do not regret the purchase - it's super fast, and I love it. Boot-up time is so much faster and even logging into Windows, I never have to wait for everything to load.

Perhaps list your motherboard and ram. I know there's a website called PCPartsPicker - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ - I use that and trust the site 100%. Most of the time it's great and they have almost all of the parts on there.