The Chat Room

Baxteen

I am spending the day on teams calls sorting out shit with my team that I have not managed to get to this week because I have been too busy with other things to get to help them

Arzy

Played lawn bowls today for the first time at a work team building thing.

Johnatan56

<Personal crusade warning>
By "spend well" do you mean convince enough of these people to save less and buy things they don't necessarily need/replace things that are good enough?
Yes/no, fill basic need pyramid, and then don't necessarily need / replace / repair. E.g. lots can't afford to paint house/walls often enough, that's actually part of basic preventative maintenance. Renewing chair upholstery, being able to afford a good that is for longer and not throw-away quality. .

Rudolph Hart

The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes 'Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness.
Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms

Tribs

On an unrelated note - I am taking matric dance photos for one young lady. I was so scared earlier - had convinced myself that I could no longer take photos. But a friend made me relax about it and now I am looking forward to it.

biometrics

My partner lives in Obs, says last year he was driving along Main rd and saw a taxi towing another taxi. That is not what was remarkable but that they were stopping at bus stops picking up passengers for both taxis! Lol, law unto themselves. I’m glad the city is coming down on them even if it causes temporary chaos, it’s high time they are reigned in.