The Chat Room

biometrics

Feck, was joking with my housemate while descending steps and fell off the last step, with beer and wine in hand. Nothing broke, hurt my knee and some pride, but will survive. Yip, having fun one moment and injured the next, old age aren’t for sissies.

Arzy

Colleague had a Christmas party for some friends about 2 weeks back. One of the ladies was wearing a pair of wedge sandals and somehow stepped wrong and just collapsed on the spot.

Colleague assisted in getting her to the hospital, leg broken in 3 places.

biometrics

Colleague had a Christmas party for some friends about 2 weeks back. One of the ladies was wearing a pair of wedge sandals and somehow stepped wrong and just collapsed on the spot.

Colleague assisted in getting her to the hospital, leg broken in 3 places.
Sounds like osteoporosis. Housemate has it. So no more double story houses.

scudsucker

I've taken the kids to Durban for a week. My son (age 6) is really into craft, but obviously there are no tools in an Air-BnB, I'll buy them. Its super complex and involves spinning cylinders and a stash of sweets. He struggled to articulate what he wanted to make, which I obviously need to decide what supplies are needed. We talked it over quite a bit.

Eventually I got it.

He wants to build a slot machine.

I do not gamble but I feel I have failed somewhat as a parent.

biometrics

I've taken the kids to Durban for a week. My son (age 6) is really into craft, but obviously there are no tools in an Air-BnB, I'll buy them. Its super complex and involves spinning cylinders and a stash of sweets. He struggled to articulate what he wanted to make, which I obviously need to decide what supplies are needed. We talked it over quite a bit.

Eventually I got it.

Sounds like an engineering mind, get him some Meccano.

Düber

Eventually I got it.

That is not a failure on your part, if anything your encouragement and participation is awesome. He has no concept of gambling yet, probably just saw a slot machine on TV or somewhere.

As Biometrics said get him some meccano or find bits and pieces lying around that he can consider and let him loose. Doesn't have to be perfect or even functional, he will like it just the same.

What I did with my girls was ask them for a picture (drawn by themselves) of what they wanted to make. We would them look through the workshop to find the ingredients and build it together. There have been some strange things conceived and built by us.