The Chat Room

Jings

Are you also in a part of Gauteng that has to content with 4 hour loadshedding shifts? [I spent most of the weekend at Chez Tribble]

I had a visit from TakeAlot this morning. They delivered my new debit card.

Yep, 4 hour loadshedding is now part of daily life. Candles are not only for romance.

Did you play with the chinchilla?

satanboy

...and today the TV remote stopped working.

I opened it up to change the batteries and the Duracell battery had leaked....on a remote that is used daily. Now it is fucked.

Arzy

Finally managed to get power loaded.

Had the daughter unplug the in house keypad while I was at golf.

Waited till loadshedding ended and turned off every damned switch on my DB apart from 1 set of plugs.

Heart skipped a beat when the keypad immediately registered when I plugged it into the socket. Quickly punched in the voucher and almost nutted when it started chiming that it worked.

Can now get on my flight tomorrow with a lot more peace of mind.

Still don't know if it was some interference in the house or part of the general area issues as some other people were also complaining. Don't care though.

Should be the last time I load power in this house.

biometrics

Waited till loadshedding ended and turned off every damned switch on my DB apart from 1 set of plugs.

Heart skipped a beat when the keypad immediately registered when I plugged it into the socket. Quickly punched in the voucher and almost nutted when it started chiming that it worked.

Still don't know if it was some interference in the house or part of the general area issues as some other people were also complaining. Don't care though.

Pfft, suckers pay for electricity, haven’t you heard of meter bypassing, everyone is doing it…

/s

biometrics

Ps, why are you moving, recalled you did the kitchen over a few years ago?

biometrics

Almost ready to abandon the Android ship, think there is just one more app to install now that I got around the geo restriction for the MyToyota app. This iPhone 13 is an upgrade to my OnePlus 6t.

Arzy

Wish I could bypass but just had compliance cert done to sell the damn place.

And yes, we redid the kitchen a while back. Along with a new braai and lapa. Lots of other small improvements and fixes. All helped in the end. Managed to sell the house in 4 weeks after receiving 3 offers at basically the listed price.

As to where to? Finally got fed up with the lack of service in my current area and the traffic is just getting too much.

All that in mind we took the plunge and are moving to my place of work where I have a direct hand in what the place looks like.

Jings

Wish I could bypass but just had compliance cert done to sell the damn place.

And yes, we redid the kitchen a while back. Along with a new braai and lapa. Lots of other small improvements and fixes. All helped in the end. Managed to sell the house in 4 weeks after receiving 3 offers at basically the listed price.

As to where to? Finally got fed up with the lack of service in my current area and the traffic is just getting too much.

All that in mind we took the plunge and are moving to my place of work where I have a direct hand in what the place looks like.

Wish I lived closer to work. Heavy traffic causes unecessary stress.

Isn't lack of service commonplace, irrespective of where you live?

Arzy

Wish I lived closer to work. Heavy traffic causes unecessary stress.

Isn't lack of service commonplace, irrespective of where you live?
There are some exceptions.

My work entails a very large property development where we have achieved a number of international accolades despite government. This was made possible by keeping as much of the development private and within our own control.

Much of the services are now either done by us directly or companies that we appoint.