The Chat Room

Nicholas

Never?
Why?
I don't want to. My father was an alcoholic, and I don't want to be like that. I promised myself before I had reached my teens that I would not become the person my father was. [He also smoked.] Even if I did, it may interfere with my medication, and Beatty House residents can be evicted for drinking. It has happened before. He was drunk on Friday night, and kicked out on Saturday morning.

Besides, there are better things for me to do with my salary.

satanboy

My father was a violent alcoholic. I swore never to touch alcohol because of him. Then I decided that I don't have to follow his way just because I spawned from him. Cunt.

Each to their own.

biometrics

What is computer/machine vision?

No prizes for guessing what I am doing.
Computer software processing a video feed either from a physical camera, stream or file. In my case I am identifying human faces, tracking them and classifying them.

Our robotic overlords of the near future will have that functionality to see their human peasants.

Nicholas

Computer software processing a video feed either from a physical camera, stream or file. In my case I am identifying human faces, tracking them and classifying them.

Our robotic overlords of the near future will have that functionality to see their human peasants.
Is this related to AI?

I have been playing around with software that uses AI. [Dreamily, AIDungeon, ArtBreeder, StarryAI] Enjoying it.

biometrics

Is this related to AI?

I have been playing around with software that uses AI. [Dreamily, AIDungeon, ArtBreeder, StarryAI] Enjoying it.
Related. I do training of models that we use for recognition. These algorithms have cool sounding names like Haar Cascade, Eigenfaces, Fisherfaces, Deep Neural Networks etc.

Baxteen

fckin h3l. not sure who messed up this badly between FNB and CCD but they are going to be getting an earful from me after work.

my card and the secondary card in my wife's name expire end of the month.
I get the call to arrange delivery and its delivered this morning. nothing for my wife. knowing it might happen in a different batch because its a secondary card I dont stress should happen later this week or next week for secondary cards right?
half an hour after my card is delivered I get a call from a gardner in a different complex about 1km from our place.
my wife's card was wrapped in a slip from CCD with my number written on it and stuck in the complex gate. and just left there.

like WTF. who signed for it? who authorised the delivery? who arranged pick up? who validated ID number and signed for the card being delivered?
how can so many mistakes happen on one card delivery? who is to blame? FNB for not ever letting us know the delivery will happen or CCD for never calling to arrange delivery?

biometrics

fckin h3l. not sure who messed up this badly between FNB and CCD but they are going to be getting an earful from me after work.

my card and the secondary card in my wife's name expire end of the month.
I get the call to arrange delivery and its delivered this morning. nothing for my wife. knowing it might happen in a different batch because its a secondary card I dont stress should happen later this week or next week for secondary cards right?
half an hour after my card is delivered I get a call from a gardner in a different complex about 1km from our place.
my wife's card was wrapped in a slip from CCD with my number written on it and stuck in the complex gate. and just left there.

like WTF. who signed for it? who authorised the delivery? who arranged pick up? who validated ID number and signed for the card being delivered?
how can so many mistakes happen on one card delivery? who is to blame? FNB for not ever letting us know the delivery will happen or CCD for never calling to arrange delivery?
They always take a photo of my ID. How strange.

Baxteen

They always take a photo of my ID. How strange.
exactly they did that when they delivered the primary card.
but the secondary card was just left in a gate of another complex far away.

please note this is the full card delivery pack including the new pin for the card as well. so someone could just take the card and go ham at the ATM