The Chat Room

Jings

Don't know. Gets up at 5 to come to this Saturday market so likely not enough sleep. She slept twice for 20 minutes and was mostly ok then. But then drove in the wrong direction... Waiting to hear if she's fine. It's an hour and a half back.
Hope she's better. What does she sell at the market?

Johnatan56

Awesome! Been noticing for the longest time that the clothes from Cape Town are better than the ones in the shops in Gauteng.
That's probably anecdotal, doesn't really make sense as most clothes are just imported and will be the same for both.

Nicholas

Do you mean did we watch creepy PoV videos? For some repair guides and stuff, point of view is very helpful.
i was trying to say that some of those in which the content creator is addressing the watcher [with or with ASMR] can be creepy. The sound of whispering puts me on edge.

Jings

Not for a LOOOOOONG time. Last time i had was the year I started being vaccinated. I was in bed for the better part of a week.

A week is a long time to be in bed. Also got the flu really bad the one and only time I got vaccinated. If I make it to elderly status will consider getting the flu jab again.

Jings

That's probably anecdotal, doesn't really make sense as most clothes are just imported and will be the same for both.

Obviously speaking anecdotally over the decades of buying clothes. No experience as a professional buyer.

Jings

i was trying to say that some of those in which the content creator is addressing the watcher [with or with ASMR] can be creepy. The sound of whispering puts me on edge.

Yep those whispering ones I find creepy too. Can't help getting drawn to the brushing sounds of cleaning shoes and bags though. And the opening of a bag of chips and other foil/plastic packaging doesn't sound too shabby either.

Nicholas

Yep those whispering ones I find creepy too. Can't help getting drawn to the brushing sounds of cleaning shoes and bags though. And the opening of a bag of chips and other foil/plastic packaging doesn't sound too shabby either.
Have you tried watching a candle flame before?

Jings

Are you comparing Cape Town Versace to Jhb Versace? Or Cape Town Versace to Jhb Pep?
Did you have to mention Versace?

I'm comparing Edgars, Jam etc. Woolies is the only store where the clothing style seems to be the same. It's not only Cape Town. Bought a really really nice white shirt at Jam in Durban and tried to find that kind of style in Alberton and Joburg South without any luck. In fact the stores didn't have any cotton shirts at all.
Same with Edgars. I had bought a beautiful sweatshirt with lace shoulders in Ballito. Nothing like that here during that same period. It's like they have different buyers per region.

Actually I sometimes tell the cashiers at Edgars that the style of their clothing ranges have deteriorated and they agree.