The Chat Room

Nikki 'it' SuxX

It's fine. Most old people agree with you.
Whether you like them or not, they wrote incredibly melodic and clever songs, just like The Beatles, Roxette, Depeche Mode and a shit load of other pop bands from the 70's and 80's.
Theres nothing even close to that today and that's why I keep searching back in time to find all the good stuff.
That said, I'm a metal head and prefer Slayer, Pantera, Overkill, Maiden, Anthrax, Sepultura, Priest, Motorhead, Sabbath and of course my faves, Megadeth. Even the modern metal bands are just rehashing what those bands did.
As a musician I can appreciate the melodic structure and compositional skill of ABBA because no matter what, a good song is a good song.
And they have LOADS of good songs.

satanboy

Whether you like them or not, they wrote incredibly melodic and clever songs, just like The Beatles, Roxette, Depeche Mode and a shit load of other pop bands from the 70's and 80's.
Theres nothing even close to that today and that's why I keep searching back in time to find all the good stuff.
That said, I'm a metal head and prefer Slayer, Pantera, Overkill, Maiden, Anthrax, Sepultura, Priest, Motorhead, Sabbath and of course my faves, Megadeth. Even the modern metal bands are just rehashing what those bands did.
As a musician I can appreciate the melodic structure and compositional skill of ABBA because no matter what, a good song is a good song.
And they have LOADS of good songs.
yes grandma

Nikki 'it' SuxX

yes grandma
If I'm a grandma then you must be what, 12?
Isn't there an age restriction on this forum?
Not that I have anything against kids; I just think they should play with each other and stay away from adults as much as possible.
You don't have to be old to realize that there's absolutely zero good mainstream music today.
But, it does take a certain amount of music integrity to be able to appreciate music that isn't quite your taste, but is of a high standard nonetheless.
But kids generally don't understand that.

😉