The Art & Craft Thread

satanboy

1688209361491.png
Doris Salcedo created an installation titled “1550 Chairs Stacked Between Two City Buildings” at Istanbul Biennial. In 2002, Salcedo placed 280 chairs at the Palace of Justice in Bogot “to pay homage to those killed here in a failed guerrilla coup seventeen years earlier.” In 2003, she filled the Istanbul Biennial space between two buildings with 1,550 chairs “evoking the masses of faceless migrants who underpin our globalized economy.”

satanboy

1690380767068.png
Young Sailors by Sanell Aggenbach
Location: Silo District, alongside Zeitz MOCAA - Victoria & Alfred Waterfront- Cape Town

Moosedrool

After half a year's wait I finally got the damn eyes 3d printed according to a specific spec for that weird uncanny following effect. Will give some updates soon. Busy year didn't help as well cause this could've been done in January already.

Sonikku

I have generally refrained from posting anything I create, online, for various reasons which I don't want to go into right now. However based on the response to one of my works perhaps this is the right forum for posting such work. I don't know, but let's see how it goes. The lack of SEO on this site in general bodes well as it means we won't have perverts online stalking me
With work being the way it has been, I haven't done much at all in 2023, but I will need to get going again- risk of total burnout is real
Step Two - Cleaned up Vectors.PNG

Sonikku

During lockdown I did a lot of painting. Elmyra Duff was supposed to go onto an A-3 canvas as part of a scene I had planned out, with features, but work always wears me down.

I did, however do these:
Lola Bunny WIP.pngBugs Bunny Painting 04.jpegWakko Warner Painting 6.jpegDot Painting Complete.jpgYakko Painting_af5z.jpegWakko Warner Pencil Sketch.pngDot Warner Pencil Sketch.pngSally Acorn.png