The 2022 F1 Thread

Düber

Another awesome race, nice to see such close racing.

Feel a bit sorry for Perez and Alonso.

Haas with 12 points. You have to love that. I reckon Mick could have been in the points too, would have been awesome to have him there.

Pity about Latifi still being in F1, though he does keep things interesting.

Blantyre

I've never been a massive Hamilton fan, I support Alonso, Magnussen etc but what is it with all the hate he gets? Is it because he makes his political views known or because he is black in a sport which is historically very conservative to the extent it didn't even really have a problem with Apartheid SA?

Many people say it is because of his car and yes, to an extent but Hamilton has won a race in every season he's been in F1, including in non Championship winning McLaren's so he is clearly one of the best if not the best that the sport has produced. He has the best car but naturally the best car will want the best pilot. It was similar to Michael Schumacher and Ferrari and Schumacher didn't seem to have as much hate as Hamilton even though he was clearly not a very good sportsman (thankfully Schumacher Jnr seems much better in this regard even though he may not have the natural talent of his Dad).

Also, Russell will be expected to beat Hamilton. Hamilton is nearing 40 and theoretically well beyond his prime.

EADC

I've never been a massive Hamilton fan, I support Alonso, Magnussen etc but what is it with all the hate he gets? Is it because he makes his political views known or because he is black in a sport which is historically very conservative to the extent it didn't even really have a problem with Apartheid SA?

Many people say it is because of his car and yes, to an extent but Hamilton has won a race in every season he's been in F1, including in non Championship winning McLaren's so he is clearly one of the best if not the best that the sport has produced. He has the best car but naturally the best car will want the best pilot. It was similar to Michael Schumacher and Ferrari and Schumacher didn't seem to have as much hate as Hamilton even though he was clearly not a very good sportsman (thankfully Schumacher Jnr seems much better in this regard even though he may not have the natural talent of his Dad).

Also, Russell will be expected to beat Hamilton. Hamilton is nearing 40 and theoretically well beyond his prime.

What does the opinion of a failed DJ, politician/ race baiter really matter.

You’re right in a fair bit of this.

Agreed with the above post though, that dude’s opinion isn’t worth a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blantyre

What does the opinion of a failed DJ, politician/ race baiter really matter.

I've been following Renaldo quite a bit and he does seem like a closet racist but one that will accept black right wingers into his circle, some of the modern day ones are like that these days.

But he's not the only one. I just used this as an example. Criticism of Hamilton is everywhere yet some of the same people will say Schumacher and Vettel won because of their talent alone.

I'm not a big Hamilton fan myself and for a long time, did think he won because of his car. However, we have to show him respect and if he was not one of the best, the best teams would not have been after him.

Even one of his enemies, the Red Bull team manager said he tried to sign him.

EADC

I've been following Renaldo quite a bit and he does seem like a closet racist but one that will accept black right wingers into his circle, some of the modern day ones are like that these days.

But he's not the only one. I just used this as an example. Criticism of Hamilton is everywhere yet some of the same people will say Schumacher and Vettel won because of their talent alone.

I'm not a big Hamilton fan myself and for a long time, did think he won because of his car. However, we have to show him respect and if he was not one of the best, the best teams would not have been after him.

Stupid people say stupid things we need to stop giving these people air time.

If someone makes that argument tell them you don't speak to stupid people and move on.

Bar maybe 80's early 90's when Teams had two good driver who raced each other.

Every team has built a winning car around 1 driver.

F1 races are won by the best drivers in the best cars. It is not Indy car.

Anyway I know very little about F1.

All I know if Hamilton is a 7 time world Champion and will never support him.

satanboy

If it was only the car, Bottas should have won way more races. I am a Bottas fan.

One of the reasons people don't like Lewis is because he was a snivelling crying baby not so long ago. Max is almost as bad a baby.

EADC

If it was only the car, Bottas should have won way more races. I am a Bottas fan.

One of the reasons people don't like Lewis is because he was a snivelling crying baby not so long ago. Max is almost as bad a baby.

They all are.

Blantyre

Max is almost as bad a baby.

The odd thing is that they love Verstappen, hence it makes you think race plays a part in this. I'm talking about Sasha Martinengo's fans.

Verstappen is also quite obviously a product of wealth (most F1 drivers are) and you sense very conservative as well.

LD50

I'm all over the place with support . Like I wish Williams can revive themselves.
I'm even happy for Haas.
Drivers - not a fan of Max or Lewis. More rooting for the younger guys. Russel to do well and make magic, Le Clerc....and my new hero Yuki

satanboy

The odd thing is that they love Verstappen, hence it makes you think race plays a part in this. I'm talking about Sasha Martinengo's fans.

Verstappen is also quite obviously a product of wealth (most F1 drivers are) and you sense very conservative as well.
Sasha punted himself as a F1 guru. I hate people like that. He can fuck right off (fans and all).