Pseudo philosophy

Seldom Bucket

No such thing as a god, religion is the biggest bullshit that has ever been MADE UP. It's a story of morality and some moron took is as true events and started worshipping his imaginary friend, got others to do the same and so started the cult.

Last edited:

Fargle

I even looked into the Church of Satan - and found out it was nothing that I expected. Many of their tenants feel right. Do what you want - as long as you harm none. This is very different from the popularised Satanism.

I'll tell you why I really enjoy Anton LA Vey's writings.

As a youngster I always felt alienated and I didn't fit in one penny farthing fuck with the other mindless rugby playing, school activity and partying crowd.

I did my own thing but managed to at least pretend to be interested in their mindless shenanigans just to get by and I learned quickly to play the social chameleon.

I stumbled upon the satanic bible in 92 and suddenly I realized I was one of 'them' ; the alienated few surrounded by hordes of consuming locust creatures.
And it wasn't about the devil as a being; it was about rebellion and self realized and productive alienation.

This was pre-internet and almost post apartheid SA and the word Satan still frightened the boertjies out of their skins!
I used that to my full advantage and lost a few 'friends' because of it.

They couldn't understand that the concept of Satan as a rebellious archetype could be entertained without adhering to the Christian definition. So I just did my own thing, carried on with my own research of what LaVey suggested and read Maugham, Nietzche, Rand, London, Shaw, Machiavelli and others.

He defined a new ethnic; Satanists. People who by their very nature had gone against the grain, didn't fit in anywhere and were self isolating; and I identified with that.
Over the years I've collected all his books, and although he's been ridiculed and marginalized since his death and his church has degenerated into something I'm not interested in, I still love what he said and that he had the balls to say it.

Am I a Satanist? Well, by his definition most certainly. By my own definition, no.

As Adam Parfrey said in his introduction to The Devil's Notebook, read LA Vey for what he says and not what people say he is (was).

Anyway, as a longtime fan of a man who saw the devil in us all I thought I'd share it 😉

Tribs

I'll tell you why I really enjoy Anton LA Vey's writings.

As a youngster I always felt alienated and I didn't fit in one penny farthing fuck with the other mindless rugby playing, school activity and partying crowd.

I did my own thing but managed to at least pretend to be interested in their mindless shenanigans just to get by and I learned quickly to play the social chameleon.

I stumbled upon the satanic bible in 92 and suddenly I realized I was one of 'them' ; the alienated few surrounded by hordes of consuming locust creatures.
And it wasn't about the devil as a being; it was about rebellion and self realized and productive alienation.

This was pre-internet and almost post apartheid SA and the word Satan still frightened the boertjies out of their skins!
I used that to my full advantage and lost a few 'friends' because of it.

They couldn't understand that the concept of Satan as a rebellious archetype could be entertained without adhering to the Christian definition. So I just did my own thing, carried on with my own research of what LaVey suggested and read Maugham, Nietzche, Rand, London, Shaw, Machiavelli and others.

He defined a new ethnic; Satanists. People who by their very nature had gone against the grain, didn't fit in anywhere and were self isolating; and I identified with that.
Over the years I've collected all his books, and although he's been ridiculed and marginalized since his death and his church has degenerated into something I'm not interested in, I still love what he said and that he had the balls to say it.

Am I a Satanist? Well, by his definition most certainly. By my own definition, no.

As Adam Parfrey said in his introduction to The Devil's Notebook, read LA Vey for what he says and not what people say he is (was).

Anyway, as a longtime fan of a man who saw the devil in us all I thought I'd share it 😉
I shall look into those books. Thanks.

Tribs

You talk about people not questioning things. I have a theory on that. They are still so wrapped up in themselves that they are incapable of seeing that they don't really matter - that they are not the centre of the universe. I don't mean this in a mean or derogatory way. We go through stages in mental growth - some just haven't got to that stage yet. They cannot see the world from other perspectives. A simple example would be how some people cannot see that their junk (stuff they no longer use or need), could be wanted by anyone else. I have this problem with my SO. We were getting rid of a lot of old pc hardware - and he could not understand why I wanted to give it away and not just dump it in the recycle bins. 90% of it still worked - it was just old. They cannot see that other people have needs different to their own. Others just aren't relevant - so there is no way they will need to question life, its meaning and purpose. This is just a theory, based on my observation of other people.

Fargle

There's a LOT more than that, and obviously his books too... 😁
Missing there is The Satanic Rituals as I was never very interested in the Psychodrama aspects, and included is a recent acquisition The Devil's Apocrypha which is in and of itself just a very interesting read.
My copy of The Church of Satan by Blanche Barton has been out of print for years and if you do a search you'll see what they go for now 😜
IMG_20200520_074903.jpg

Seldom Bucket

You talk about people not questioning things. I have a theory on that. They are still so wrapped up in themselves that they are incapable of seeing that they don't really matter - that they are not the centre of the universe. I don't mean this in a mean or derogatory way. We go through stages in mental growth - some just haven't got to that stage yet. They cannot see the world from other perspectives. A simple example would be how some people cannot see that their junk (stuff they no longer use or need), could be wanted by anyone else. I have this problem with my SO. We were getting rid of a lot of old pc hardware - and he could not understand why I wanted to give it away and not just dump it in the recycle bins. 90% of it still worked - it was just old. They cannot see that other people have needs different to their own. Others just aren't relevant - so there is no way they will need to question life, its meaning and purpose. This is just a theory, based on my observation of other people.
True, have you had a look at secular Buddhism? No belief in the so-called imaginary god thing, just a following of the mindfulness of it

Tribs

The MP3 of the Satanic Bible (for those not able to get the book)

satanboy

Sounds like religious atheism, and spiritual nihilism. The bounds of the universe is unknown though, and does that include higher dimensions or only what has been proven scientifically as opposed to theorised higher mathematical dimensions?
Someone likes putting people in boxes and labeling them.

Urist

Someone likes putting people in boxes and labeling them.
Putting stuff in boxes is how we categorise them. It's not like "you're atheist therefore you must believe xyz", it's more like "you believe xyz and therefore you kinda fall into this category". The boxes have fuzzy boundaries more like a gradient, but blue is still blue and red is still red.

satanboy

Putting stuff in boxes is how we categorise them. It's not like "you're atheist therefore you must believe xyz", it's more like "you believe xyz and therefore you kinda fall into this category". The boxes have fuzzy boundaries more like a gradient, but blue is still blue and red is still red.
No it's not

Tribs

😂 😂 😂 I expected arguments with a few more words than this. Slightly more intellectual