Pseudo philosophy

Tribs

Have you ever found that your brain/mind lies to you? It tells you all sorts of things that you know are not true - but it does it in such a way that you begin to believe it. You find yourself sinking lower and lower into these thoughts and they trigger feeling and other thoughts. And soon - you are completely consumed by these lies.

Isn't amazing how convincing it can be - and how dark the world becomes.

Urist

Have you ever found that your brain/mind lies to you? It tells you all sorts of things that you know are not true - but it does it in such a way that you begin to believe it. You find yourself sinking lower and lower into these thoughts and they trigger feeling and other thoughts. And soon - you are completely consumed by these lies.

Isn't amazing how convincing it can be - and how dark the world becomes.
Yup, especially when I tried to quit smoking previously. Suddenly it keeps telling you how cool smoking is, what's weird is that you have 2 hemispheres in your brain, and apparently your senses and speech goes through one side which is in charge, and the other one is like a weird silent partner that communicates through the other one.
farking creepy

Tribs

Yup, especially when I tried to quit smoking previously. Suddenly it keeps telling you how cool smoking is, what's weird is that you have 2 hemispheres in your brain, and apparently your senses and speech goes through one side which is in charge, and the other one is like a weird silent partner that communicates through the other one.
farking creepy
That is only covering the physical split - but I feel there is a mental/emotional one too. I have a feeling that even these two halves don't make the whole yet. Just as we have a conscious, subconscious and unconscious brain too. What happens when that unconscious brain wakes up?

Urist

That is only covering the physical split - but I feel there is a mental/emotional one too. I have a feeling that even these two halves don't make the whole yet. Just as we have a conscious, subconscious and unconscious brain too. What happens when that unconscious brain wakes up?
I get a wood when I become concious in the morning.
Saw this thing once about 10% of your brain.. sadly the boring explatation is that you use 10% at any given moment, but most of it during the day.

Tribs

I get a wood when I become concious in the morning.
Saw this thing once about 10% of your brain.. sadly the boring explatation is that you use 10% at any given moment, but most of it during the day.
Most guys do.

And yes - we are using all of our brain - just not all of the time. I find that when I am able to switch off my brain - then I can actually relax and feel great. It doesn't happen often - perhaps to make those times it does, stand out and be memorable. And now my brain asks - if I am switched off - how can you remember ? I just can - which tells me there is something else recording it for me.

Jings

I'm of two minds - the participant observer and the doer. Sometimes there are arguments and mayhem, sometimes they work brilliantly together. Oh dear, I'm of three minds...

Urist

I'm of two minds - the participant observer and the doer. Sometimes there are arguments and mayhem, sometimes they work brilliantly together. Oh dear, I'm of three minds...
I got a host brain and a parasite brain, and the wooden one of course

Urist

Describe the wooden one.
It's incredibly stupid.... always curious about what's going on, and always has something to say at the most inopportune moments. It's allied with the parasite brain and they team together to make the host glitch out sometimes.