Post your "Shower Thought" of the Day

Nicholas

The things and people that control us - do so because we allow them to.
To be fair, those things people may be several levels above us in power and influence. You don't resist out of a sense of self-preservation, perhaps?

Tribs

To be fair, those things people may be several levels above us in power and influence. You don't resist out of a sense of self-preservation, perhaps?
I was not going as deep as that actually. I was talking about needs and desires and addictions. I was saying that many things we do because we think the "thing" or person is controlling us, is actually us deciding to do it.

Nicholas

I was not going as deep as that actually. I was talking about needs and desires and addictions. I was saying that many things we do because we think the "thing" or person is controlling us, is actually us deciding to do it.
Or...some person or organisation is manipulating your thoughts, and you should put on your aluminium helmet. :p
Sometimes we give in because we have seen how things play out after we say that we will do something many times before, and doubt that this time would be any different.

Tribs

Or...some person or organisation is manipulating your thoughts, and you should put on your aluminium helmet. :p
Sometimes we give in because we have seen how things play out after we say that we will do something many times before, and doubt that this time would be any different.
Or on a level - we actually want to.

Nicholas

Ever been intrigued by your dark side?
Concerned might be more apt. My psychiatrist assures me that I am not a psychopath, though. Do have some traits that I wouldn't put on my CV if I had to compile one.

Last edited:

satanboy

I keep hearing people say "Omnicron" instead of Omicron. Not sure if it's my brain or what.

Tribs

Late night thought: Are women generally friendlier than men?
That depends on your definition of friendly. Many women have a stronger need to be liked than men do, so they are more inclined to smile, approach people, talk to them. Many women find silence in conversations awkward - so they employ Smalltalk. They master the art. I think men and women are equally as friendly - but women are more forward and chatty. So they appear to be.

Just my opinion.

satanboy

Why do some people on Facebook:
  • change their real names?
  • use other people as their profile pictures?

EADC

How do you catfish others if your profile picture is of your husband and 2 children?
How do you catfish others if you add "Sunbeam" as your second name?

Was just a guess I don't really know what people on Facebook do, to be fair they are on Facebook

Jings

If you see something that you couldn't ever imagine, can your brain even register it?

satanboy

Why do morons insist on writing "LENSE" instead of "LENS". The correct word is actually printed on the fucking LENS.