Post Vaccination Thoughts

LD50

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 12 years of age and older. The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner. Please see EUA Fact Sheet

biometrics

10 Days after vaccination you should have 50% protection. Or something like that.

satanboy

I was sweating and had to remove my (MyBB) jacket. Stood outside in the queue in a t-shirt.

Jings

Do we have a choice of vaccine?

Early last year scientists were echoing how coronavirus mutations will make the virus weaker over a period of time.

biometrics

So it's pointless waiting for Novavax then.
Only Pfizer and J&J is approved. They approved Sinovac five days ago pending more documentation (probably because of threats to the CEO from the EFF) but it's efficacy is poor, I wouldn't touch it.

Jings

Only Pfizer and J&J is approved. They approved Sinovac five days ago pending more documentation (probably because of threats to the CEO from the EFF) but it's efficacy is poor, I wouldn't touch it.
Novavax shows the most promise so far in trials, with around 89% effectiveness, including Delta variant apparently, and hopefully decent effectiveness against the upcoming alphabet letters.