LPW 31: Resistance is futile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribs

I'm not finding many new tenders today.
I received two. For one they want a quote for 85 UNITS OF ALPHA635T FOGGERS and the other 800 x BRAER 670E THERMOMETERS

The second says that if we don't supply those items, then we need to find someone who will supply them to us and we supply it to them. They are basically wanting us to do their job for them.

We are in the database under communication and broadcasting. It clearly states that we supply software for the running of broadcast systems. These people have no idea how to search.

satanboy

You don't have a tech support department? I'm surprised that your work files are not automagically backed up to another location. The little company I work for does that.
Outlook doesn't automatically save attachments, that would be very dangerous.

dabean

I received two. For one they want a quote for 85 UNITS OF ALPHA635T FOGGERS and the other 800 x BRAER 670E THERMOMETERS

The second says that if we don't supply those items, then we need to find someone who will supply them to us and we supply it to them. They are basically wanting us to do their job for them.

We are in the database under communication and broadcasting. It clearly states that we supply software for the running of broadcast systems. These people have no idea how to search.

That's a scam where they ask for a tender for something very specific. You see they're looking to pay x, you google and find it (on their site) for <x.

The goal is to get you to pay for the items (which don't exist) and then they just disappear.

Tribs

That's a scam where they ask for a tender for something very specific. You see they're looking to pay x, you google and find it (on their site) for <x.

The goal is to get you to pay for the items (which don't exist) and then they just disappear.
That doesn't sound logical. But I would not even go to the trouble to google it. I am on the database for a very specific item - and only because we were forced to so that we could get paid. We have a few Govt departments who have radio stations using our equipment/software. If they cannot be bothered to run a proper search - why should I even respond to their emails? So I just delete them

dabean

That doesn't sound logical. But I would not even go to the trouble to google it. I am on the database for a very specific item - and only because we were forced to so that we could get paid. We have a few Govt departments who have radio stations using our equipment/software. If they cannot be bothered to run a proper search - why should I even respond to their emails? So I just delete them

By making up a model number they ensure they're the only google result for the item. Basically tricking you into thinking you'll make profit for something that doesn't exist.

Tribs

By making up a model number they ensure they're the only google result for the item. Basically tricking you into thinking you'll make profit for something that doesn't exist.

Looking at the emails again - I think you are onto something there. The one has an attached PDF file with the details inside (which will never be opened) and the other looks like a govt address but really isn't. They are wasting their time and I will never reply or open attachments.

satanboy

WTF?

Excellent product. Just a pity that one is dependant on WiFi to download stuff. My previous Kindle that I inherited from my mom downloaded the books, etc without WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.