LPW 24: The ROomba Of Doom, Visiting Under Lara's Bed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Whenever I see UK beaches, it's only ever people going for walks. First time hearing there are surfers. Any other people in the water means they fell in by accident.

Sounds more like you being ignorant of the facts then anything else, there is plenty of surfing (and surfing events) in the UK.

plenty of surfing beaches as well.

Jings

Sounds more like you being ignorant of the facts then anything else, there is plenty of surfing (and surfing events) in the UK.

plenty of surfing beaches as well.

Yes I was ignorant until Sinbad mentioned the surfing. It isn't a train smash being ignorant of a fact. This world contains billions of facts. Impossible to know all of them.

Johnatan56

Been to Cape Town and the outside temperature is much better this half of the Atlantic.
You're in the water though, that isn't really an issue as long as it isn't raining (and no, not due to cold from rain, just that you're going to get a lot stronger currents so not as safe to go into the ocean).

Jings

You're in the water though, that isn't really an issue as long as it isn't raining (and no, not due to cold from rain, just that you're going to get a lot stronger currents so not as safe to go into the ocean).
I guess if you wear a full scuba suit it's not so bad.

Johnatan56

I guess if you wear a full scuba suit it's not so bad.
Well, depends. I used to do bodyboarding without a wet suit, but then you do like 20 minutes and leave the water again. For surfing I'd always recommend a wetsuit unless Indian probably but there you'd not surf as waves are near non-existent.

Jings

Well, depends. I used to do bodyboarding without a wet suit, but then you do like 20 minutes and leave the water again. For surfing I'd always recommend a wetsuit unless Indian probably but there you'd not surf as waves are near non-existent.
Indian is great for diving. Tight competition amongst diving schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.