LPW #13: Last Post Wins

Johnatan56

Your fault for staying up so late. :p

EDIT:
Went from 31GB of RAM usage with system slowing to a crawl to only 9GB usage after closing the browser tab I was working on. Who knew that not maintaining a project and letting crappy code get committed wouldn't cause a slow memory leak.

Last edited:

Jings

Your fault for staying up so late.

EDIT:
Went from 31GB of RAM usage with system slowing to a crawl to only 9GB usage after closing the browser tab I was working on. Who knew that not maintaining a project and letting crappy code get committed wouldn't cause a slow memory leak.
You knew it, didn't you?

Johnatan56

You knew it, didn't you?
Yes, it was sarcasm, it's a basically abandoned project but there are other projects that make a lot more money for the business that take priority to rewriting this internal tool.

BloodrayneZA

Can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. ;)

The SO and I eat 100% the same stuff and she had zero problems. Must be airborne bugs.
I used to think that until I stepped back and analysed everything I ate. Basically gluten and preservative free. It could be a reaction to something else that you didn't think of, such as like when a certain item lists ingredients that are gluten free but made in a factory that handles gluten, wheat, barley and rye. The funny thing is I can drink a bottle of gluten free beer (gluten free barley), and have no symptoms - yet when I eat a packet of "gluten" free crisps by the same brand name (two different kind of crisps - one is thicker cuts and the other is thin cuts). Both are equallly the same in everything yet the thicker cut one gives me heart burn and the other doesn't.

It's weird, I know. My housemate says it could be that I ate too much from the packet as it's a bigger one so maybe that is it. He even suggested it was the spice I was eating but I've never had a reaction from eating too much spice - something about those thicker cut crisps that set me off.

satanboy

Why does my world always contain a few gasbags/ramblers?

I have no patience when it comes to these people.

satanboy

I used to think that until I stepped back and analysed everything I ate. Basically gluten and preservative free. It could be a reaction to something else that you didn't think of, such as like when a certain item lists ingredients that are gluten free but made in a factory that handles gluten, wheat, barley and rye. The funny thing is I can drink a bottle of gluten free beer (gluten free barley), and have no symptoms - yet when I eat a packet of "gluten" free crisps by the same brand name (two different kind of crisps - one is thicker cuts and the other is thin cuts). Both are equallly the same in everything yet the thicker cut one gives me heart burn and the other doesn't.

It's weird, I know. My housemate says it could be that I ate too much from the packet as it's a bigger one so maybe that is it. He even suggested it was the spice I was eating but I've never had a reaction from eating too much spice - something about those thicker cut crisps that set me off.
Another thing that suddenly changed (not this week) is that I cannot eat Salt & Vinegar crisps. I loved these things. Did they add or remove an ingredient recently? It made me feel very ill the last time I had it.

BloodrayneZA

Another thing that suddenly changed (not this week) is that I cannot eat Salt & Vinegar crisps. I loved these things. Did they add or remove an ingredient recently? It made me feel very ill the last time I had it.
Yeah sudden changes can do that to you. I was ill for about 3 days before from something else with a runny tummy, we actually couldn't figure it out but after that, I was fine. I also have a dairy intolerance but I can easily eat a whole pizza and not have an issue, then the next time I have a reaction towards it so that's why I'm thinking it could be Crohn's because there's no other explanation for it. My blood work came up as slightly gluten intolerant and also I had a low iron blood count, was put on iron supplement for 3 months (fascinating black poop lol ).

Jings

Yes, it was sarcasm, it's a basically abandoned project but there are other projects that make a lot more money for the business that take priority to rewriting this internal tool.
Hopefully more salary for you then.