LPW #12: Last Post Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribs

Just learnt a valuable lesson today - don't let people walk over you. Fight for your rights and fight for what you deserve.

I got so pissed off because our UK car insurance was fucking my dad around and gave them a earful about how bad their service is - their "login" website has been down for maintenance for several weeks and they keep on telling him to log into his insurance account online to make changes but he can't because of that. So they gave my dad an alternative email address to state that I am permitted to make changes to the policy and etc... but the issue is that we cannot log into the account online so we're fucked really. I've told my dad to switch insurance companies as this one is really rubbish.

Then I applied for a job at McDonalds - rejected. I emailed the guy back and asked for feedback to why it was rejected and why he would state my distance being a problem as it's only up the road from where I live now. I felt it was bullshit and unjustified for. He emailed me back and explained that it was because I made myself unavailable for weekends so he offered to change my application to weekends and that I "might" have two days off in the week. So I said yes please do that. I'm flexible so if I can have any two days off in the week, then that's great.

See here they offer you flexible choice but don't define what hours / days they expect you to work on then they reject your application. I personally think that is stupid because any employer should define the working hours and the working time shifts that they expect you to be working. They need to be more clear on it so I told them so. They probably won't take my advice anyway. So now I have an interview with McDonalds next week and see how that goes.
Good luck

Johnatan56

Everything we do and allow to control our lives - is made up. Even words are made up. Colours. Currency. All just ideas people had. Time too
Colors are not made up, the words for it are. Same with time, humans can't control it, but we attempt to define it.

Jings

Just learnt a valuable lesson today - don't let people walk over you. Fight for your rights and fight for what you deserve.

I got so pissed off because our UK car insurance was fucking my dad around and gave them a earful about how bad their service is - their "login" website has been down for maintenance for several weeks and they keep on telling him to log into his insurance account online to make changes but he can't because of that. So they gave my dad an alternative email address to state that I am permitted to make changes to the policy and etc... but the issue is that we cannot log into the account online so we're fucked really. I've told my dad to switch insurance companies as this one is really rubbish.

Then I applied for a job at McDonalds - rejected. I emailed the guy back and asked for feedback to why it was rejected and why he would state my distance being a problem as it's only up the road from where I live now. I felt it was bullshit and unjustified for. He emailed me back and explained that it was because I made myself unavailable for weekends so he offered to change my application to weekends and that I "might" have two days off in the week. So I said yes please do that. I'm flexible so if I can have any two days off in the week, then that's great.

See here they offer you flexible choice but don't define what hours / days they expect you to work on then they reject your application. I personally think that is stupid because any employer should define the working hours and the working time shifts that they expect you to be working. They need to be more clear on it so I told them so. They probably won't take my advice anyway. So now I have an interview with McDonalds next week and see how that goes.
Hope you ace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.